Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

14 minutes ago, freester said:

I’m very disappointed in the picture quality of ESPN plus. I’m watching oilers rangers and it’s like non HD. ZIbanejad is playing great. 

There is HD. There is SD. Sometimes there is NOD

NHL.TV was absolutely better.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s good timing to remind us what we missed when the lottery balls fell the way they did.

I take your point but I’m not sure it applies that heavily. The biggest knock that gets repeated on Eichel is that he didn’t have playoff success/carry the team to the playoffs. McDavid has faired a little better in that area (with a player perhaps as close to as good as him as anyone, on his team, too, in Draisaitl) but I’m hesitant to say it would even come close to achieving a satisfactory level - considering there was plenty of talk that McDavid/fans were growing frustrated with lack of success before the season started. Including whispers of a potential trade request. (Eerily similar to the Jack situation actually, but looks like they righted the ship just on time)

Depends how they would have built around him I guess - but I think we’ve seen what would have happened 

- - - 

Personally though, I agree. Like I said one of the things I liked about Jack most was the raw entertainment value on ice and McDavid has that in spades, and then some, obviously 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Seattle and Coyotes tied in the 3rd. Could Arizona get it’s first win of the season?

Poor Johan, goes from years of losing in Buffalo to the dumpster fire of the West. Hopefully he gets traded at the deadline to a playoff team.

Arizona gets the win! I do like Johan and agree hopefully he'll get moved to a playoff team

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Arizona gets the win! I do like Johan and agree hopefully he'll get moved to a playoff team

We should send them a 5th for Johan. We could use his defense at this point. Winning should not be tolerated. 

Edited by kas23
  • Like (+1) 2