Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Wasn't Fentanyl one of the drugs Lehner blasted NHL teams for handing out unprescribed?  I don't remember.

I don’t think so, and I would be surprised if NHL doctors or teams were giving it to players.  It’s nothing to mess around with, much much stronger than morphine.

It’s generally medically used as a sedative to knock people out in emergency medicine or palliative care situations.

A common overdose scenario is someone abusing cocaine unaware that it is laced with fentanyl and accidental overdosing.  I would guess that’s what happened to Jimmy Hayes.

Any medical pros out there feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I don’t think so, and I would be surprised if NHL doctors or teams were giving it to players.  It’s nothing to mess around with, much much stronger than morphine.

It’s generally medically used as a sedative to knock people out in emergency medicine or palliative care situations.

A common overdose scenario is someone abusing cocaine unaware that it is laced with fentanyl and accidental overdosing.  I would guess that’s what happened to Jimmy Hayes.

Any medical pros out there feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

True but not fully,we use Fentanyl for pain control also. EMS carries it on some rigs, it's also prescribed as a long acting patch that gets changed every 72 hours in certain populations. 

I'm seeing a lot more people smoking or injecting this stuff and causing issues, but at the end of the day it is an opiate and causes similar issues to other opiates. 

Is this the thread where we keep tabs on Reinhart and Risto from time to time?

Risto hasn't been able to get into the lineup yet owing to preseason bumps and bruises.

Reinhart looks to be getting second line minutes. No points yet - this despite a 75% share of o-zone starts.

41 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Risto hasn't been able to get into the lineup yet owing to preseason bumps and bruises.

Reinhart looks to be getting second line minutes. No points yet - this despite a 75% share of o-zone starts.

Reinhart almost always starts slow.  Wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Bad wording on the part regarding Deanna's allegations.  

Also I'm surprised there isn't more talk on here about Kucherov, who has been placed on IR until May 1.

Yeah, the way it reads, whether they ran their own investigation couldn't be substantiated.  Maybe that IS what they meant to say. 😉

Hadn't heard about the Bolts move.  They trying to get in on the Eichel sweepstakes?  That's a lot of newly available cap they just came up with.  Maybe @Randall Flagg finally gets his Cirelli trade.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Strange Florida bizarro world where Sam Bennett gets a hat trick and Sam Reinhart nil.  I'm sure it'll even out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Weave said:

Wasn't Fentanyl one of the drugs Lehner blasted NHL teams for handing out unprescribed?  I don't remember.

No it was ambien and benzodiazepine that he named. 

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Reinhart almost always starts slow.  Wouldn't read too much into it.

uh -huh 🙂

Flyers looked really good tonight. Kraken not so much. 

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But Arizona ISN'T tanking.  😄

Yeah, right.

I don't think AZ has denied the tank yet. It would be laughable.

I really thought Hutton would be forced to retire after last season, he hasn't been a quality NHL goalie for 2 seasons and the only reason he has a job was his contract.

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Is Evander Kane the dumbest player in the NHL?? Fake vaccine card? Isn't that a class 5 felony? Which should result in some prison time??

I told you guys your team instantly got better when he was traded regardless of the return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1