Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Another, "he'll never play an NHL game" long forgotten former Sabres draft pick about to make his NHL debut tonight. 

Congrats Maxwell!! 🍺 

Great story. Wish the kid well. 

Also, an injured Risto is out of tonight’s Flyer lineup. 

43 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Another, "he'll never play an NHL game" long forgotten former Sabres draft pick about to make his NHL debut tonight. 

Congrats Maxwell!! 🍺 

Holy cow!   IMO, Willman was one of those guys who stood out at rookie camp for several years.  Good for him. 

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Still an Ullmark - Anderson tandem would have been nice.    Also he came of an injury from last season, Bruins fans complaining about his side to side movement.    They might be giving up on him to fast.

They're not giving up on him but Swayman was better in preseason so he gets the start. If you've watched the Bruins at all over the last several years you earn your ice time on that team and nobody is above benching. 

I'm hoping Granato brings that same sort of ethic to the Sabres. 

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Has @MODO Hockey officially left us for the Bruins? I hadn’t decided to rejoin the forum yet when Ullmark signed with the Bruins so I may have missed his reaction. I’m sure he wasn’t happy. It’s a big loss to the forum, imo.

Last post I can recall might have been his goodbye.  He did not like the negative comments made toward Linus.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Has @MODO Hockey officially left us for the Bruins? I hadn’t decided to rejoin the forum yet when Ullmark signed with the Bruins so I may have missed his reaction. I’m sure he wasn’t happy. It’s a big loss to the forum, imo.

MODO did leave the forum a few months ago. He was unhappy with the way the Sabres handled Ullmark. 

Im not sure if he became a B’s fan over it, but I would assume so if he was following the player more than the team, and was a fan of the team because of the player being on it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's day-to-day.

I like Gritty though....

Gritty was interesting for about a week. Then it got old fast. 

Get Sabretooth rappelling from the ceiling again, and they’re into something. No need to move away from things that were working fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

Marcus Foligno with the winning goal with 7 seconds left in the third for the Wild in Anaheim.  He's wearing an A for the Wild this year.  He's one ex-Sabre I wouldn't mind getting back.

I look at that trade:  Foligno and Tyler Ennis to the Wild for the corpse of Pominville and Marco Scandella.  What the hell was JBot thinking?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

MODO did leave the forum a few months ago. He was unhappy with the way the Sabres handled Ullmark. 

Im not sure if he became a B’s fan over it, but I would assume so if he was following the player more than the team, and was a fan of the team because of the player being on it. 

Thanks for the update. Always appreciated @MODO Hockey, especially the videos from his house in Sweden. I’ll have to make a panny in his honor. 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Last post I can recall might have been his goodbye.  He did not like the negative comments made toward Linus.  

I don’t understand how anyone could have negative comments for Ullmark. I liked him when he was here and totally understand why he’d leave. He’s part of that old core that had to leave as well, imo. 

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

I don’t understand how anyone could have negative comments for Ullmark. I liked him when he was here and totally understand why he’d leave. He’s part of that old core that had to leave as well, imo. 

I don’t remember any overly negative comments directed towards Ulmark. Modo just claimed that he had inside knowledge of the Sabres negotiations and how they purposely screwed him over, but he refused to give any details. Oh well…

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

35 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Modo just claimed that he had inside knowledge of the Sabres negotiations and how they purposely screwed him over, but he refused to give any details. Oh well…

Well of course Ullmark would feel he was screwed over.  I mean it's not like the team generously let him take time off when his father died or anything....  🙄