[Game Day] Flyers vs. Sabres - Game 2, 7:00 pm

SDS

I have a physics lab 7:30-10:30, so I'll miss most of it, unfortunately. Let's go Buffalo! I smell a 2-0 series lead on the horizon.

rookie...

You see, if you're a 10 year college veteran, you learn to schedule your classes around the playoffs, like me. GO SABRES!

Esche comes back to earth tonight...Buffalo 6 Philadelphia 3

That is what I am wondering. Philly may have squandered a super-human effort by Esche in Game 1. No way do I see him repeating that performance of 50+ saves. We have to do a better job at finishing. We had a lot of good looks in Game 1, but after Esche made some good saves, we started "pressing" and hurrying shots. Patience will be the key.

That being said, it will be interesting to see the kind of emotion that Philly plays with tonight. How are their legs going to feel after that extra session on Saturday night. Philly seemed to skate with us in the 3rd period on Saturday, but we'll see how fresh they are tonight in the 3rd.

not to sound like a jerk..but the Flyers had 30 shots in 4 1/2 periods..pretty good D, with an occasional Brain lapse...

I hear ya, what I'm talking about it the sloppy play throught the game (at times) that gave them a spark when it could have been prevented. Remember the first :30?

Jeff

I have the feeling that they will be better tonight. Some of the play in our own end was atrocious on Saturday. I think Lydman had something like 7 turnovers himself. Obviously they won that game so any improvment tonight will make them even tougher to beat. Man I would love to go to Philly 2-0. How huge would that be???

Philly is just absolutely losing their cool out there. The Philly fans are all complaining about the number of penalties, but Philly is earning every one of them with their frustrated play. This series is only going to get uglier once it gets back to Philly, and their "classy" fans (most of whom don't care if they lose 15-0 so long as they end one of the Sabres seasons by injury).

I just hope the refs keep it under control in the 3rd. Someone is going to get hurt. Vanek is lucky he managed to do a sommersault or he could have been seriously injured. This is the downside to playing in a blowout. The losing team tends to lose their cool and take cheap shots.