Dreger: Eichel situation may be shifting, multiple teams involved

Hoss

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

They pay the physicians who have examined Jack, so are not unlike a 3rd party payer, who is a HIPAA-governed entity. I’m sure there is language within the CBA in regards to this. However, this is a moot point, because if Jack wanted to get traded, he would easily just sign a HIPAA release form. Poof, other team physicians would have his records. 

Interesting. From what I saw moments ago (sorry no link), it sounds like other teams have a fuller medical picture because Eichel himself is providing it (with records of his doctors' own making (MRI's, etc.)).

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Interesting. From what I saw moments ago (sorry no link), it sounds like other teams have a fuller medical picture because Eichel himself is providing it (with records of his doctors' own making (MRI's, etc.)).

Seems reasonable.  He has seen other doctors for 2nd and 3rd and 4th opinions at this point.  I know the Sabres could have paid for these assessments but he could have just as easily covered the costs if that gives him the right to share his personal medical info.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Seems reasonable.  He has seen other doctors for 2nd and 3rd and 4th opinions at this point.  I know the Sabres could have paid for these assessments but he could have just as easily covered the costs if that gives him the right to share his personal medical info.

Why? So the Sabres get two bags of pucks for Jack instead of one?

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Eichel himself is 100% legally allowed to share his own medical records with anyone he pleases. HIPAA doesn’t apply here. The thing that confuses me is why he didn’t do this from the very beginning. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have no use for the damn Yankees and even less for the dastardly Red Sox, but I am happy they beat the Yankees.  One step at a time.

GO RAYS, or whoever ...

Hate the Yankees and didn’t mind the Sox until the hired cheater Cora.  The that the Yankees have been kicked to the curb.  I will root for anyone but the Red Sox and Astros. 

9 minutes ago, Digger said:

I was agreeing that with the post that he may be providing his medical records on his own.

Sorry. Just being cynical. I don't think his medical records will get us any more in trade. I don't think surgery will get us more either. I think the league is determined to squeeze Jack out of Buffalo for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Throw in some sticks. Those things are expensive nowadays and break a lot. 

Ours certainly do every time we wind up.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Eichel himself is 100% legally allowed to share his own medical records with anyone he pleases. HIPAA doesn’t apply here. The thing that confuses me is why he didn’t do this from the very beginning. 

Perhaps they weren’t as promising then? 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Hate the Yankees and didn’t mind the Sox until the hired cheater Cora.  The that the Yankees have been kicked to the curb.  I will root for anyone but the Red Sox and Astros. 

Ah yes the Sox and Astros are the only professional sports teams to bend the rules in their favor. 

16 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I really dislike how people have just assumed things in the absence of data.  Sabres Twitter loves lighting them up but nothing one of them actually knows who has done what.  Let alone what they can or can’t do.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

You've got to be kidding.

Teams don't draft for straight need and they shouldn't be expending their best assets (especially when healthy) for the same return.

This is a trade for more than just about this season or even next. 

Goaltending, most important position. No one said the goaltender couldn't be here for awhile. I mean, is there any reason to think next season isn't already in jeopardy because of weakness in goal. UPL will suddenly be great? Ok. 

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry. Just being cynical. I don't think his medical records will get us any more in trade. I don't think surgery will get us more either. I think the league is determined to squeeze Jack out of Buffalo for nothing.

Ours certainly do every time we wind up.

I sincerely hope the league doesn't force a trade wherein the Sabres recieve less for Jack unless there is a clause allowing for additional compensation based on performance. 

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ah yes the Sox and Astros are the only professional sports teams to bend the rules in their favor. 

Right? Probably for another thread but...MLB turned their backs and allowed a juiced Sammy Sosa, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds etc to just obliterate juiced baseballs for 3 years just to put people back in the seats. 

That was fun.

It worked though 🤷

9 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Goalie is the most important position, so I do think it's important. Winning now is something that will help everyone going forward. We are at risk of yet another disaster season as it looks now with this small defense and porous goaltending. 

If they get a great haul for Jack with no goalie, fine, but I'd still be disappointed 

The goalies are coming.   Just not this year.   He would never admit it but he has eyes on last place 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.