Dreger: Eichel situation may be shifting, multiple teams involved

Hoss

1 hour ago, Digger said:

Yes I agree with you that Columbus is a team that really wants Eichel and in my opinion really needs a player like Eichel to resign Laine and help him reach his potential.  That being said I really have had a hard time getting excited about their top prospects.  I am still hoping to get back a top line potential center prospect.

I'm also not as excited about Blue Jacket prospects as I am about some other teams' prospects. 

But some of the people who do this stuff for a living are.  In his top 50 prospect ranking, Wheeler from the Athletic ranks Johnson ahead of players like Beniers, Rossi and Lundell. He has Sillinger lower but ahead of Krebs and Turcotte. He has Marchenko just outside the top 50.

Pronman from the Athletic has Johnson, Marchenko and Sillinger all ahead of players like Rossi, Newhook and Turcotte.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If the Situation was different where Jack and the Sabres were on good terms and He was still a major apart of the Sabres Future moving forward,  would the Sabres Stance on Jack having the ADR be different?

Absolutely. I suspect that Jack had already asked for a trade before his injury. Once KA realized that Jack wasn’t part of the future, minimizing the financial consequences and risks of the injury became paramount. 

1 minute ago, freester said:

Absolutely. I suspect that Jack had already asked for a trade before his injury. Once KA realized that Jack wasn’t part of the future, minimizing the financial consequences and risks of the injury became paramount. 

Why wouldn’t minimizing the risks be paramount if Eichel was gonna be a part of things moving forward? Seems even more of a reason to minimize the risk.

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Why wouldn’t minimizing the risks be paramount if Eichel was gonna be a part of things moving forward? Seems even more of a reason to minimize the risk.

I think if they knew he wanted to be a Sabre, they would have appeased him. 

13 minutes ago, freester said:

That makes sense on a certain level, but that’s also saying the conclusions reached by the medical team and the best medical practices they advised would have been different. For that reason, I have to think the injury dictated the medical course of action and not whether Jack was staying or not. 

17 minutes ago, freester said:

Really believe that Adams was ready to move on from Eichel long before Jack was ready to move on.

Also, believe he was ready to move on before ownership was, too.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

4 days and 14 pages of nothin all because of 1 tweet. 

This ***** is so tired. There has been a lot of good, enjoyable conversation in here. It’s astonishing how many people on a message board are upset with how people are talking on a … message board. Do something else.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

It isn't 'nothing', it is conversation about some new information (even if it is just conjecture).  That is the point of having a message board, isn't it?  

100 *****!ng percent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I can't believe we lose a generational player. This really sux.

Yes for sure.  We drafted him as a generational player but I don't really think we saw him play at his highest level consistently.  Some games for sure but I don't think he hit his ceiling with the Sabres.

6 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I'm also not as excited about Blue Jacket prospects as I am about some other teams' prospects. 

But some of the people who do this stuff for a living are.  In his top 50 prospect ranking, Wheeler from the Athletic ranks Johnson ahead of players like Beniers, Rossi and Lundell. He has Sillinger lower but ahead of Krebs and Turcotte. He has Marchenko just outside the top 50.

Pronman from the Athletic has Johnson, Marchenko and Sillinger all ahead of players like Rossi, Newhook and Turcotte.

Far be it from me to evaluate the prospect talent around the league but one thing that seems pretty important is that the prospect fit in scheme wise with what they are working towards.  The player temperament should be considered too.  How much that effects things is beyond me but needs consideration. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

This ***** is so tired. There has been a lot of good, enjoyable conversation in here. It’s astonishing how many people on a message board are upset with how people are talking on a … message board. Do something else.

100 *****!ng percent.

It certainly wasn't new thread worthy. Until it's news it's just a random tweet. Leave it for the mega threads of enjoyable conversation.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Eichel was billed as a “generational talent” by the talking heads.

His more accurate label … is “Elite talent”

IMO

Yeah, the “generational” label needs to be saved for players who truly are. I don’t recall a lot of people saying Eichel was generational coming out, just that he would have been first overall if not for McDavid. 

I can count on one hand the number of players that compare with McDavid in my 50+ years of watching the NHL, so Eichel certainly has nothing to apologize for in that regard. He’s a great player. That said, he wasn’t part of a solution in turning this team around and it was time to move on. Clearly.

Edited by K-9

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

This is correct. There’s no real tick tock going on. 

Everyone wants him traded, but it’s just not happening. He will be watching Sabres score updates from his seat at TD Garden. 

I left out one key group the clock is also ticking for; the media. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.