What do you expect from: #72 Tage Thompson?

dudacek

Tage Thompson  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best describes what you think the Sabres will get from Thompson this year?

• The kid has skill and is finally going to start putting it together — 20 goals and far fewer embarrassing playground moves
    • You're always going to get the bad with the good with Tage; he might get 15/15/30 in a middle six role but will still often be frustrating to watch
    • He's not an NHL hockey player and he'll finally convince the team of it this year; he'll get a chance, fail, and won't get another contract in Buffalo

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think we're really fully understanding how sorry a coach Ralph was. 

He must have had a tremendous gift of BS because he appeared to have most players (Eichel-Hall-Risto) bamboozled by it though.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:35 PM, jsb said:

Talk about pulling stuff out your @ss. Can you imagine 2 more divergent views with one appearing to be dead on the money and the other dead wrong. Hooboy great look back posts.

In @inkman's defense, until he was moved to center, Tage fully earned that remark.  Inky was late to recognize it and I was just blowing ***** outta my ass (even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while).

On 1/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, LGR4GM said:

I think we're really fully understanding how sorry a coach Ralph was. 

Even when he had his initial success, I never really liked him.  Felt like all smoke and mirrors and no substance.

• 2 months later...

I expect a minimum of 30 goals and that he will lead the team in points and look like he is turning into a star.

On 10/5/2021 at 12:04 PM, Weave said:

I can’t decide between 2 and 3.  Leaning 2.   He’s trending JAG IMO.

This didn't age well 😂

On 10/5/2021 at 12:06 PM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

30 goals as 1C

Damn...talk about prophetic

On 10/5/2021 at 2:27 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Nothing. I've been saying since we got him he needs to be mean and physical and use the body he has and it's obvious that isn't going to be him. His wrist shot is predictable and easy to save and his style is lackluster at best. So nothing. 

and he sucks on face offs. I can't decide if trying him at center is desperation due to a lack of centers or just a last ditch long shot since they've given up on him as a decent winger. 

😂😂😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Damn...talk about prophetic

Lucky.  I've made lots of other pronouncements and they were flat out wrong.  When I came out with that, I didn't even take it seriously.  It was before Mitts was injured; how could a brand new (at the NHL level) center hope to put up those kinds of numbers.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  😄

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:
On 10/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, PerreaultForever said:

a last ditch long shot since they've given up on him as a decent winger. 

😂😂😂😂😂

I think it was a last ditch effort.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, jsb said:

He must have had a tremendous gift of BS because he appeared to have most players (Eichel-Hall-Risto) bamboozled by it though.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

3 players that aren't here anymore...

He bamboozled key players, the GM, the owners, members of the media, fans, and G-d knows who else.  RK is Rasputin.  

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Freakishly tall players always take longer to develop.

He'll get more physical as he fills out his frame.

He will be a beast along the wall if he gets more physical. Add a reverse hit (Forsberg) to his arsenal and he gets extra time and space to create offence.

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

He will be a beast along the wall if he gets more physical. Add a reverse hit (Forsberg) to his arsenal and he gets extra time and space to create offence.

Extra tall players are often not that good along the wall.  High centered of gravity and all that.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Extra tall players are often not that good along the wall.  High centered of gravity and all that.

He should be able to beat Cole Caufield in a board battle.

Seriously though, the reach and strength should be an advantage when cycling the puck. If he shields the puck with that big body, most defenders will have a hard time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 11:27 AM, inkman said:

I’m done with the baby giraffe.  I thought he might figure it out but his game reeks like sewage.  I’ll be happy when he is no longer the Sabres problem. 

He is no longer the Sabres problem.  Are you happy?  😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.