Goalies On Waivers so far

GASabresIUFAN

On 10/4/2021 at 4:07 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I thought you were talking about the Sabres.

Carrion ...

On 10/4/2021 at 4:10 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are you referencing the Greek ferryman over the river Styx?

It's the spoils of a long fought tanking war we are feasting on.

• Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hutchinson on waivers from Tor.  He is definitely a step up from Dell or Tokarski.  Go get him tiger.

While he is a step up from Dell, it is doubtful that's he's an improvement over the Toker.

That was the point of the 'or' right?  😉

And he IS a step up over Dell AND UPL.

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wonder if Adams has any intention of a goalie upgrade.

If he does, it should come via trade, not the waiver wire.

I think it’s fairly clear the plan is to go in with two of UPL/Anderson/Dell. Likely the first two.

I think Anderson was brought in because they want a veteran in Buffalo to work with UPL so even if he doesn’t play a lot he can still learn. Dell was likely a cheap option in case of injury or if UPL proves to not be ready and to put a solid tandem in Rochester to get those kids competing.

Edited by Hoss

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think it’s fairly clear the plan is to go in with two of UPL/Anderson/Dell. Likely the first two.

I think Anderson was brought in because they want a veteran in Buffalo to work with UPL so even if he doesn’t play a lot he can still learn. Dell was likely a cheap option in case of injury or if UPL proves to not be ready and to put a solid tandem in Rochester to get those kids competing.

UPL already sent down.  Dell was Swiss cheese.  He needs to go.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

UPL already sent down.  Dell was Swiss cheese.  He needs to go.

Maybe completely ignoring Sabres Twitter was a bad idea for me. This is like the third thing I’ve just flat out missed.

Scratch that: not a bad idea. Good for mental health. Bad for conversation.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think that was the hope. It may have even been Plan A after Ullmark left.

After watching what Dell and Lukkonnen have delivered I would hope it's not still the plan.

41 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wonder if Adams has any intention of a goalie upgrade.

If he does, it should come via trade, not the waiver wire.

Am absolutely hoping the Sabres trade for a goalie.

Have 0 expectation they do so unless it's part of the Eichel package and even then put it under 10% likely.

Which is ridiculously frustrating.

So waiver wire becomes the hope.

19 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

When was Alex Stalock claimed that he paid off immediately? Which time McIlhenny was claimed off waivers? This is what I'm getting at. Yeah, they might be better than what you have if you are the Sabres but that's more an indictment of the Sabres than an endorsement of the guys on waivers. 

I didn't say you can't get a guy. I'm saying your odds are extremely long that you find any type of serious help. Much more often than not the guys waived are AHL tendies or NHL jags and they stay that way.

We aren’t looking for an all-star.  We are looking for a legit NHL goalie to bridge this season.  Those guys can be found on waivers.  When Ben Bishop is waived would you say no?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.