[Vague Title] Crazy theory?

Radar

Well anything's possible, but I doubt it.

I don't think the non move clause would hold up in court at this point. They've been in Buffalo long enough to provide counter arguments to that but I'm no legal expert, I just know when super rich people want to circumvent old agreements they usually find a way. But I don't think that's it. 

I think the answer is simpler. They spent money and it failed miserably so they simply have decided to start over from scratch. Relationship with Eichel souring maybe tipped the scales but Hall and Skinner giving them nothing for their money probably soured them more. Going to lose anyway so why spend? Why not fully tear down. 

So tear down and tank and start over. If they win the lottery and get Wright it might seem like genius. If not, well maybe this time they get Draisaitl instead of Reinhart. 

or they suck for another decade. 

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This is debatable. It could be argued that Brady never becomes Brady without Belicheat. Or Mahomes doesn’t become who he is without Reid. Or Allen doesn’t become as good as he is without McD.

This may be true but you still need the material to work with. It will be interesting to see how NE develops their new guy. Bottom line coaches need something to work with. 

15 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well anything's possible, but I doubt it.

I don't think the non move clause would hold up in court at this point. They've been in Buffalo long enough to provide counter arguments to that but I'm no legal expert, I just know when super rich people want to circumvent old agreements they usually find a way. But I don't think that's it. 

I think the answer is simpler. They spent money and it failed miserably so they simply have decided to start over from scratch. Relationship with Eichel souring maybe tipped the scales but Hall and Skinner giving them nothing for their money probably soured them more. Going to lose anyway so why spend? Why not fully tear down. 

So tear down and tank and start over. If they win the lottery and get Wright it might seem like genius. If not, well maybe this time they get Draisaitl instead of Reinhart. 

or they suck for another decade. 

Have not seen the non-relocation clause in the Pegula purchase agreement, but the non-relocation clause from when the MMArena was built became voidable upon declaring bankruptcy.  Would expect the current non-relocation clause would similarly be voided upon a bankruptcy filing, but again, haven't seen the contract.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.