Sabres on Dish Network

PTS

I called Dish Network yesterday and quite frankly, it was like talking to a wall. They didn't even know what the Buffalo Sabres were. After I explained the situation, they told me I would need to purchase the Sports Package or NHL Centre Ice to watch Sabres games on MSG since we only have the basic Top 60 package. I bitched because MSG is our regional sports provider and they should be included in every package as it is with Adelphia Cable.

Today, I went a different route. I call Intertech Digital which handles Dish Network in Buffalo. The lady I spoke to just received an e-mail from her managers a few hours ago saying that the Sabres MSG broadcasts -- once the deal is approved tomorrow -- will be available on all satelitte packages to WNY Dish Network Subscribers. The channel is 412 and when I told her that I don't have that channel as an option on my receiver, she told me to call Dish Network and tell them I need "a hit sent" and that will upload the latest channels.

So, either I'm getting the Sabres with no extra charge or Dish Network will send someone to kill me.

EDIT: Back on hold with Dish Network. These guys are idiots. They have no idea what is going on.

EDIT #2: If you have the Top 60+ and above packages, you will get Sabres hockey. If you have the basic Top 60 package, you will not, which is crap because MSG is standard on all Adelphia packages.

I'm a little confused with this post. I have Dish Network and the America's Top 60 package too. I am going to upgrade to the sports package which includes MSG... but...

2 questions:

1) Do you have to have America's top 60 plus to get sabres' games even if you have MSG through the sports package.

2) has MSG officially reached a deal with Dish Network to show the Sabres' entire TV schedule.

Just want to know before I upgrade to the sports package.

Thanks

I'm a little confused with this post. I have Dish Network and the America's Top 60 package too. I am going to upgrade to the sports package which includes MSG... but...

2 questions:

1) Do you have to have America's top 60 plus to get sabres' games even if you have MSG through the sports package.

2) has MSG officially reached a deal with Dish Network to show the Sabres' entire TV schedule.

Just want to know before I upgrade to the sports package.

Thanks

Either of these two will get you Sabres on Dish Network.

1. Have America's Top 60+ or better package.

OR

2. Get the Sports Package.

We got the 60+ package cause it's a few bucks cheaper for the entire year.

Guest Mark Z

I live in Rochester and just purchased the Dish sports package. Right now, I'm listening to the game online, while staring at a station (which is supposed to be playing the Sabres game) and instead I see "This program is experiencing technical difficulties". What a joke.

Anyone else that can see the game in Rochester on Dish Network?

Guest Joe G.

Same deal - "technical difficulties" . . .

so . . . no Sabres v. Bruins here in Hamburg, NY either.

I have the Dish 120 plan and on MSG is the CFL! So they must think that the Buffalo region would rather watch the CFL than the NHL?

Guest Mark Z

It's on now in Rochester (448 - ALT4). I called Dish and complained and magically it came on.

I hope I don't have to go through this every game.

Archived