GDT: Sabres at Red Wings, Thu., Sept 30 at 7:30 PM ET, WGR 550, Streaming on Sabres.com

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Did not see it coming, but Tokarski very well might be their 2nd best goalie.  And considering Anderson probably can't play more than 30, he could get 40-50 games.  Could've been worse.  Could still have Hutton getting those minutes.

And what was Tokarski’s save % last season? Quality goaltending at its finest.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

And what was Tokarski’s save % last season? Quality goaltending at its finest.

Maybe the league will decide to not use the taxi goalie like they'd be discussing & save Adams from himself by picking up somebody's (or a couple somebodies) 3rd best goalie.

I think we are starting to see the shine start to fade for most of the new guys.

• Murray uses his size, but can't keep up.
  • Quinn's got great hockey sense but can't fight through
  • Lukkonnen looks the part but he's letting pucks go through him.
  • Weissbach's got the flash but he's not doing much away from the puck
  • Dell, Hagg, Pysyk and Butcher look like their reputations.
  • Peterka's been the best of the lot but that's two straight games he's flashed, then disappeared for large chunks.

And from the returnees with promise, Bryson seems to have regressed, Cozens looks passive, and Tage, well, he  Taged.

On the bright side, Asplund seems to have come back strong and R2 seems to have taken a positive step - centre seems to fit him.

Let's hope Joker, Casey and Dahlin show some progress as well tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Personally I take little seriously from preseason games. Unless I see the same thing from the same player for several games. After this coming weekend, a better picture will emerge regarding a few of these guys. Not a complete picture, but certain things will come into focus.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Personally I take little seriously from preseason games. Unless I see the same thing from the same player for several games. After this coming weekend, a better picture will emerge regarding a few of these guys. Not a complete picture, but certain things will come into focus.

You’re among the majority. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think we are starting to see the shine start to fade for most of the new guys.

• Murray uses his size, but can't keep up.
  • Quinn's got great hockey sense but can't fight through
  • Lukkonnen looks the part but he's letting pucks go through him.
  • Weissbach's got the flash but he's not doing much away from the puck
  • Dell, Hagg, Pysyk and Butcher look like their reputations.
  • Peterka's been the best of the lot but that's two straight games he's flashed, then disappeared for large chunks.

And from the returnees with promise, Bryson seems to have regressed, Cozens looks passive, and Tage, well, he  Taged.

On the bright side, Asplund seems to have come back strong and R2 seems to have taken a positive step - centre seems to fit him.

Let's hope Joker, Casey and Dahlin show some progress as well tomorrow.

Wow, two preseason games and the dye is cast.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Wow, two preseason games and the dye is cast.

It's die, as in dice. And for the record, the outcome of tossed dice and be altered many ways before they land. Never liked that expression. 

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

It's die, as in dice. And for the record, the outcome of tossed dice and be altered many ways before they land. Never liked that expression. 

Actually I think it refers to a die as in mold or tool, not dice.

dies  : any of various tools or devices for imparting a desired shape, form, or finish to a material or for impressing an object or material:

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ubkev said:

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

dies  : any of various tools or devices for imparting a desired shape, form, or finish to a material or for impressing an object or material:

@ubkevfor the win 

"The decision or course of action has been determined and cannot be changed. For example, Now that I've announced my resignation, the die is cast. This expression comes from the Latin Iacta alea est, “the dice have been thrown,” which according to Suetonius was said by Julius Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon and invaded Italy in 49 b.c. In English it dates from the first half of the 1600s."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

@ubkevfor the win 

"The decision or course of action has been determined and cannot be changed. For example, Now that I've announced my resignation, the die is cast. This expression comes from the Latin Iacta alea est, “the dice have been thrown,” which according to Suetonius was said by Julius Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon and invaded Italy in 49 b.c. In English it dates from the first half of the 1600s."

They're both wrong.  Tom was referring to the team is already getting shade (a dye or coloration) thrown it's way.  2nd earliest start ever.

(No, not really.  It was likely just a typo on his part.  But it "sounds" good.  😉 )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Weavesie, one should never dispute @ubkev in such matters, eh.

Your take is pretty good too mind you.

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

@ubkevfor the win 

Huh.

was really hoping to get through today without learning something new.  Now I’ve lost something old.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.