Robin Lehner goes off on buffalo again.

Buffalonill

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/gary-bettman-speaks-robin-lehner-tweets-jack-eichel-situation/

My favorite quote from Bettman with regards to Lenher's tweets:

"We take his comments seriously and we'd like in short order to be in a conversation with him so we can hear his concerns directly and we're going to follow up to see what merit there may be to his concerns," Bettman said. "You don't have to tweet to get our attention. We have an 800 number people can call. You can call us directly, we're an open book. But if he has concerns we want to hear them and see how they need to be addressed."

But a tweet gets more satisfaction when all you want to do is complain.  If he wants to see positive change then he needs to bring facts to the NHL and trust that changes will be made. 

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Digger said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/gary-bettman-speaks-robin-lehner-tweets-jack-eichel-situation/

"We take his comments seriously and we'd like in short order to be in a conversation with him so we can hear his concerns directly and we're going to follow up to see what merit there may be to his concerns," Bettman said. "You don't have to tweet to get our attention. We have an 800 number people can call. You can call us directly, we're an open book. But if he has concerns we want to hear them and see how they need to be addressed."

But a tweet gets more satisfaction when all you want to do is complain.  If he wants to see positive change then he needs to bring facts to the NHL and trust that changes will be made. 

That’s been my position all along.  If you have a problem, bring it to the league.  Airing dirty laundry is similar to what Lindy used to call “feel good” penalties.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Digger said:

Lol like the nhl is gonna change anything. Good lord. They couldn’t give less of a *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lol like the nhl is gonna change anything. Good lord. They couldn’t give less of a *****. 

Lehner is a top goalie playing in the NHL with a players union.  The NHL cares a great deal about their reputation especially when the reports come out like this.

Over the weekend, Las Vegas Golden Knights goalie Robin Lehner published a collection of tweets that accused "many teams" of giving out Benzodiazepines and Ambien to "employees when they travel."

If he really wanted to make a change or difference he would bring his allegations forward.  Tweets are easy because he doesn't need to back anything up.

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Lehner is a top goalie playing in the NHL with a players union.  The NHL cares a great deal about their reputation especially when the reports come out like this.

Over the weekend, Las Vegas Golden Knights goalie Robin Lehner published a collection of tweets that accused "many teams" of giving out Benzodiazepines and Ambien to "employees when they travel."

If he really wanted to make a change or difference he would bring his allegations forward.  Tweets are easy because he doesn't need to back anything up.

Hmmmm,... I wonder where he learned the power of tweeting with nothing to back it up?

On 10/2/2021 at 3:29 PM, Kr632 said:

His comments about the fans are spot on. He is 100% right for calling them out. 

On 10/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, LGR4GM said:

No he doesn't. You think lehner has any clue what's going on inside an organization with 95% turnover since he left?

I absolutely can comment on him self medicating as a fan of the team because it started long before his ankle injury. The guy is blowhard.

Lol what crap. 

For the record I said nothing about his mental issues at the time but if he wants come out of left field and ***** all over Buffalo, fine mofo batter up. 

On 10/2/2021 at 4:03 PM, LGR4GM said:

I'm not making light of Lehners illness especially in Buffalo. He had lots of things and I'm glad he's doing better but that doesn't give you carte blanche to run your mouth off especially when you aren't in the know. 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, Kr632 said:

I've watched sabre fans verbally and physically attack disabled fans at the arena(me being one of them).

My family gave up their seasons after fans threw stuff at them and verbally attacked them for cheering when the sabres scored during the tank year.

a group home had to leave in second period because a bunch of people near the handicapped section kept making fun of them. 

The fans yell terrible things at the players. The players at the time called the fans out too. 

***** you and anyone else that defends that type of behavior. 

I never mentioned you but you got real defensive. Seems like you're one of the POS that attack people with mental illness and disabilities 

Here is the entire thing and the conclusion. Only thing I will add is that if Lehner spoke about fans harassing ppl for disabilities, I missed it. That should be addressed but not by him, it should be addressed by the Sabres if it is happening here. That was not in the clip I heard or the tweets I read. 

We don't need to interact ever. Ever. Don't quote me, don't send anymore personal messages. Don't @ me.

1958805435_NoApology.thumb.png.1c8030f4478c4e70ba8c7f5540eae868.png

1 hour ago, Digger said:

That's a really good laugh. Thank you. 

I like how the NHL and the Sabres are incompetent at all steps and their fanbases all feel that way … until that incompetence is publicly questioned. Then the person doing the questioning is just starving for attention and handling it poorly.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Digger said:

He’s been trying for years to bring about this change? It was only after years of his pleas being ignored that he had to go the Twitter route and make his position known publicly? Give me a fricken break, Lehner. Get a clue and take it up with your union. 

5 hours ago, Digger said:

He is going to get his day to talk to the league, then Vegas is going to have to put a muzzle on him.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Would any player not support this?

I find it ironic that his first comments in the media a few years ago about his battle with depression and alcohol abuse were full of praise for how well the Sabres administration, medical staff, and the rest of the Sabres community treated him and how concerned they were for his well being as a person. That’s why I find this complete 180 insincere and agenda driven. 

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Pepperidge Farms remembers...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1247438

Good times.

And Robin told other teams during the Spittin Chicklets interview that he struggles making saves during shutouts when skaters slow down before they shoot.  Someone from the Golden Knights needs to get this guy away from social media and microphones.  I'm really curious to see if LV wanted the press conference yesterday, or if Robin insisted on it, because that press conference was hard to watch. 

It is clear that Lehner just wants to help protect players in the league, but he doesn't seem to be in the right place mentally to do so.  Hopefully the people in his orbit convince him to stay off the internet and away from whatever "news" networks he is watching so he can focus on his health, family, and hockey.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.