Robin Lehner goes off on buffalo again.

Buffalonill

Just now, Kr632 said:

People yell all types of stuff. If you think drunk people only talk about the poor play on ice you truly are dense

I agree, as I’ve been to countless sporting events over the years and have heard all sorts of nasty things said to and about players by angry, frustrated fans both drunk and sober. In my own personal experience, I didn’t hear that kind of stuff hurled towards Lehner, though; just people getting on his case for poor performance. As is their prerogative.

My biggest issue with Lehner currently is the complete 180 he did in the media regarding the Sabres organization and then deciding to throw the fans under the bus as well in the process. There are 18,000 fans in that building and he’s gonna trash all of us for the actions of a few that he found objectionable? Sorry, but he can go pound sand with that bs. 

We can and should sympathize with his struggle against mental illness and we should wish him well in his recovery. But his illness does NOT give him license to act like a grade a douche nozzle and that’s one of the first things he should have learned in the recovery process

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kr632 said:

I've watched sabre fans verbally and physically attack disabled fans at the arena(me being one of them).

My family gave up their seasons after fans threw stuff at them and verbally attacked them for cheering when the sabres scored during the tank year.

a group home had to leave in second period because a bunch of people near the handicapped section kept making fun of them. 

The fans yell terrible things at the players. The players at the time called the fans out too. 

***** you and anyone else that defends that type of behavior. 

I never mentioned you but you got real defensive. Seems like you're one of the POS that attack people with mental illness and disabilities 

My father is disabled and has been for more than a decade.  My partner works with children with autism. So you want to open this door we can ***** do it.  You owe me an apology and a good one.

You decided to bring this in out of left field. So thanks for assuming things about me because I think a GT who hasn't been here is 5 years is kinda of a loud mouth *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Kr632You do owe @LGR4GMan apology. LGR has been very consistent in calling out the behavior on this board You accused Him of. 

I am not disabled Myself, but My Oldest Son is severely Autistic and I have witnessed First Hand the comments and looks made towards Him in Public. 

Knowing Liger was well as I do, He would be the First Person coming to Your and My Son’s Defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lehner is right to call out the treatment that He received for His Ankle Sprain while in Buffalo, and as previously mentioned that Training Staff has been replaced. 

In terms of Eichel’s Injury, the Sabres Medical Staff is not on an island in Their Preferred Treatment the ACDF. A majority of the opinions that Jack has received agree with the surgery the Team prefers

• Like (+1) 1

Lehner is also calling out the league in general today, mentioning benzos being handed out without prescriptions.  He’s on a mission to call out what he sees as treatment aimed at the teams interests, not the players.

Say what you want, he wears his heart on his sleeve.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Kr632 said:

I've watched sabre fans verbally and physically attack disabled fans at the arena(me being one of them).

My family gave up their seasons after fans threw stuff at them and verbally attacked them for cheering when the sabres scored during the tank year.

a group home had to leave in second period because a bunch of people near the handicapped section kept making fun of them. 

The fans yell terrible things at the players. The players at the time called the fans out too. 

***** you and anyone else that defends that type of behavior. 

I never mentioned you but you got real defensive. Seems like you're one of the POS that attack people with mental illness and disabilities 

I don't personally know @LGR4GM. I, like him, have participated on this forum for years. There were even a few times where the both of us mixed it up over some posts. What I can confidently say is that your scathing characterization of him and what you think he said are way out of line to the level of character assassination . He has never defended ignorant behavior, especially toward people who are handicapped physically or mentally. 

He, like everyone else, can be opinionated. There is nothing wrong with that. The judgment/conclusion you made about his comments on this topic don't come close to accurately reflect what he actually stated. You owe him an apology. 

I'm not trying to be a scold. It just seems to me that your comment directed toward him is grossly wrong and unfair. 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:44 PM, LGR4GM said:

No he doesn't. You think lehner has any clue what's going on inside an organization with 95% turnover since he left?

I absolutely can comment on him self medicating as a fan of the team because it started long before his ankle injury. The guy is blowhard.

Lol what crap. 

For the record I said nothing about his mental issues at the time but if he wants come out of left field and ***** all over Buffalo, fine mofo batter up. 

So to be clear, you are defending the Sabres and questioning Lehner's assertions/claims? That it? 

Seems to me you are just being a homer. It will be interesting to see what the league says if they do in fact investigate the medical misconduct as they apparently say they will. The league can't be happy with how the Eichel thing is going and it is possible the Sabres are in the wrong on everything. 

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Lehner is also calling out the league in general today, mentioning benzos being handed out without prescriptions.  He’s on a mission to call out what he sees as treatment aimed at the teams interests, not the players.

Say what you want, he wears his heart on his sleeve.

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So to be clear, you are defending the Sabres and questioning Lehner's assertions/claims? That it? 

Seems to me you are just being a homer. It will be interesting to see what the league says if they do in fact investigate the medical misconduct as they apparently say they will. The league can't be happy with how the Eichel thing is going and it is possible the Sabres are in the wrong on everything. 

I imagine the league reached out to Lenher regarding the comments he is making that drugs are being pushed without prescriptions (sorry I don't have his exact quote but @Weave captured it in his quote above) rather than Lenher's experience with the Sabres which is pretty dated at this point.  

11 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Lehner is going after Alan Vignault big time and he never played for him. What is his thought process here? Imagine being Vegas and you let a beloved goalie go and now you are riding this guy who say he will be going after teams and players daily online. Yikes.

So there was a coach that lehner interviewed with after he got out of rehab. Apparently the coach called lehner a weak pos and was not a good goalie and all sorts of stuff.  Almost caused lehner to relapse.  May have him.  These guys like babcock and others need to be put out to pasture.  

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

So there was a coach that lehner interviewed with after he got out of rehab. Apparently the coach called lehner a weak pos and was not a good goalie and all sorts of stuff.  Almost caused lehner to relapse.  May have him.  These guys like babcock and others need to be put out to pasture.  

While I agree that some of these Neanderthals need to go away, the only person that can “cause” Lehner to relapse is Lehner himself. 

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

While I agree that some of these Neanderthals need to go away, the only person that can “cause” Lehner to relapse is Lehner himself. 

I agree with you that these dinosaur coaches are a bore and are outdated. Added to that layer of antiquation is that in this era of players these coaches are ineffective, and their shelf-life is much shorter than before. But as in any field of endeavor they still exist and have to be contended with. That's life in the real world.  I'm not totally dismissing Lehner's point about the improper issuance of drugs. It just seems that Lehner is indiscriminately popping off when the subject matter that he is addressing should be dealt with more focus and detail. 

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that these dinosaur coaches are a bore and are outdated. Added to that layer of antiquation is that in this era of players these coaches are ineffective, and their shelf-life is much shorter than before. But as in any field of endeavor they still exist and have to be contended with. That's life in the real world.  I'm not totally dismissing Lehner's point about the improper issuance of drugs. It just seems that Lehner is indiscriminately popping off when the subject matter that he is addressing should be dealt with more focus and detail. 

This doesn't sound like the question of an "outdated" coach.  It sounds like an interviewer asking an interviewee a question designed to see how he will handle a stressful situation - and it sounds like it may have worked since he saw something during that interview that convinced him not to sign Lehner.  

Robin Lehner is an NHL goalie.  That is a position that comes with an incredible amount of ridicule in the press, interwebs, and sometimes in the locker room.  If I'm about to invest a few million dollars on a person I'm going to test him during the interview process to see how he handles the inevitable negative BS he will be exposed to. 

2 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

This doesn't sound like the question of an "outdated" coach.  It sounds like an interviewer asking an interviewee a question designed to see how he will handle a stressful situation - and it sounds like it may have worked since he saw something during that interview that convinced him not to sign Lehner.  

Robin Lehner is an NHL goalie.  That is a position that comes with an incredible amount of ridicule in the press, interwebs, and sometimes in the locker room.  If I'm about to invest a few million dollars on a person I'm going to test him during the interview process to see how he handles the inevitable negative BS he will be exposed to. 

I disagree. It sure sounds to me that this coach was part of the "old school" world that is rapidly declining in size in this new world reality. Assuming this story is true this is a coach that needed to be shipped out and make way for someone who else who has better interpersonal and human skills. You can still be tough without having to act stupid. 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Disagree. While Lehner himself may have a genetic predisposition to addiction, a negative environment around him pushes him in that direction waaaaay more than a supportive one.

9 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Disagree. While Lehner himself may have a genetic predisposition to addiction, a negative environment around him pushes him in that direction waaaaay more than a supportive one.

Absolutely. I can’t agree more. But it’s his responsibility to manage negative environments and recognize their potential impact on his health. Ultimately, it’s his choice to either stay in that environment or not. Again, the only one capable of changing Lehner’s life is Lehner himself. Good therapy and a positive support mechanism can help him find keys, but nobody can force him to use them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Well it looks like Lehner was talking about a different coach and Vineault was apparently handing out drugs to players or something. 

But you actually think a guy who just attempted suicide and spent time in rehab and diagnosed for bipolar and all that is in the right headspace to be tested like that?  Cause lehner ended up going to the isles and almost winning a vezina because they handled the situation the correct way.  Listen to the interview. Lehner praised the isles and how they brought him in and supported him and he rewarded them with great play.  

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well it looks like Lehner was talking about a different coach and Vineault was apparently handing out drugs to players or something. 

But you actually think a guy who just attempted suicide and spent time in rehab and diagnosed for bipolar and all that is in the right headspace to be tested like that?  Cause lehner ended up going to the isles and almost winning a vezina because they handled the situation the correct way.  Listen to the interview. Lehner praised the isles and how they brought him in and supported him and he rewarded them with great play.  

100%.  He was in the right headspace to interview for a job and work as an NHL goalie, so yes, he should be in the right headspace to be tested like that.  

Goalie is literally the most stressful position on the ice.  He has a history of handling stress badly and I would want to make sure he has developed healthy coping skills to prevent a regression in his progress. 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:33 AM, Flashsabre said:

Lehner is going after Alan Vignault big time and he never played for him. What is his thought process here? Imagine being Vegas and you let a beloved goalie go and now you are riding this guy who say he will be going after teams and players daily online. Yikes.

Edited by Buffalonill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.