Robin Lehner goes off on buffalo again.

Buffalonill

I wouldn't dismiss Robin completely, he doesn't sound like someone attacking the franchise out of Malice here. The Sabres need to earn the right to be trusted from the fans.... I don't think they've done anything in the last decade to give them that benefit. 

This franchise has fallen so far that it hurts my damn heart. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I wouldn't dismiss Robin completely, he doesn't sound like someone attacking the franchise out of Malice here. The Sabres need to earn the right to be trusted from the fans.... I don't think they've done anything in the last decade to give them that benefit. 

This franchise has fallen so far that it hurts my damn heart. 

I am so sick of this excuse. We are trying to turn the page and get better. What happened the last ten years is the PAST. You might as well say the Sabres are always wrong because they lost 18 games in a row last year. 

As for Lehner this is the second time he's gone off on the Sabres. I smell a new choreographed charm offensive, this time from Brisson. I thought Jack fired Fish because his attempts didn't work?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

Meh.  It was his experience with the teams medical staff that he was dogging.  Can't say I blame him.

The worst thing he is doing here is creating drama.  Some people don't know any better than to make the world around them burn.  We see it every day in these pages.  No different.

• Like (+1) 4

"… how hard can it be to just have him sign a waiver…"

Cuz Jack is smart enough to not "just sign a waiver."

I like Lehner here. But his conclusions are skewed.Jack and the team have equal "blame" in this whole thing. I put the term blame in quotes because I don't think there is any. Both sides are just trying to make the best out of a crappy situation.

• Like (+1) 6

Is it even possible that Lehner remembers where the rink is for Cripes sake. Between his fragile mental faculties and weekly benders while on the team I firmly believe he is filling in the blanks about his time here, the organization or where Buffalo is on the map for goodness sakes. This guy needs some more therapy. Someone other than Biz to talk to.

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So the team that brought him here broken, then got him fixed and sober, is the team with the crappy medical staff. Got it.

When Lehrer first spoke about his demons, he was very effusive in his praise of the entire Sabres staff for helping him get the help he needed and the continued support they provided. He had nothing but nice things to say at the time. 

Fast forward a year later or so when he was having great success with the Islanders and it was a whole different story. He trashed the organization and then he saw fit to trash the fans and that’s where he lost me. I sincerely wish him well in his recovery, but I don’t have any other kind words for him. He can go screw himself for taking cheap shots at us fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

When Lehrer first spoke about his demons, he was very effusive in his praise of the entire Sabres staff for helping him get the help he needed and the continued support they provided. He had nothing but nice things to say at the time. 

Fast forward a year later or so when he was having great success with the Islanders and it was a whole different story. He trashed the organization and then he saw fit to trash the fans and that’s where he lost me. I sincerely wish him well in his recovery, but I don’t have any other kind words for him. He can go screw himself for taking cheap shots at us fans. 

Is it Fallon who does that thing with celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves?

Id like to see Lehner reading some of the posts made on Sabrespace about him back in the day.

Ok, I listened to his story, again.  

He said his first year there 5hey brought in 12 new people that never saw a hockey puck?   First I heard of this.  I assume he is talking about the medical staff??

He said the  Sabres ruined his ankle that year?  Maybe so.  Did his own hidden mental health issues contribute? 

He said everything there was a ***** show, including him.      True statement.  Lehner, Kane, Bogo, ROR, Murray, and  Pegula -  a bad veteran group brought in by an incompetent management core.   By keeping his problems hidden for years he may have breached his contract.  Let’s not forget he had a great year with the NYI and they didn’t retain him   

He wants the players to control their medical care and be allowed to sign waivers to the contract.   He should take that to the NHLPA for the next CBA.  The Sabres are within their rights.  I haven't heard the Eichel camp say anything like this.  His opinion is not that important.    

He is a loose canon.  That is why the media talks to him.  

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok, I listened to his story, again.  

He said his first year there 5hey brought in 12 new people that never saw a hockey puck?   First I heard of this.  I assume he is talking about the medical staff??

He said the  Sabres ruined his ankle that year?  Maybe so.  Did his own hidden mental health issues contribute? 

He said everything there was a ***** show, including him.      True statement.  Lehner, Kane, Bogo, ROR, Murray, and  Pegula -  a bad veteran group brought in by an incompetent management core.   By keeping his problems hidden for years he may have breached his contract.  Let’s not forget he had a great year with the NYI and they didn’t retain him   

He wants the players to control their medical care and be allowed to sign waivers to the contract.   He should take that to the NHLPA for the next CBA.  The Sabres are within their rights.  I haven't heard the Eichel camp say anything like this.  His opinion is not that important.    

He is a loose canon.  That is why the media talks to him.  

It's a bit frustrating to hear him be so confident the Sabres medical staff caused further injury to his ankle.  Especially when it's hard to drink a 30 pack a day and be properly hydrated.  It's even harder to stay hydrated when you drink like that and play a position like goalie.  And it's even harder to rehab something correctly when your damaging your body so badly every single day.  Alcohol is an unforgiving temptress that unfortunately tastes delicious and goes great with food, uncomfortable social situations, and recreational drug use. So I totally get it, but it's important to be honest with ourselves on the risks associated with heavy daily use. 

To me it seems unhealthy living is a much more likely culprit than a poorly developed rehab plan for a sprained ankle.

• Like (+1) 2

First of all, Why do people pay attention to "Spitting Chiclets" ? ...And more importantly Robin Lehner?

Robin Lehner, enough already, a secure professional with any talent would not resort to trash talking and sensationalism and that is all that this is. 

As I have said before Robin is a jerk, was/is a drunk , has/had problems and blames it on others. he needs to look inward.

He doesn't  stay with a team longer than 3 seasons  (In Ottawa 5 seasons, but first two were up and down from minors for 16 games total).

What does that tell you about Robin? It tells me a lot. If a player is worth it a team keeps him around, he is not worth it.

BTW Robin....have you learned how to stop a breakaway yet?

15 hours ago, Weave said:

Meh.  It was his experience with the teams medical staff that he was dogging.  Can't say I blame him.

The worst thing he is doing here is creating drama.  Some people don't know any better than to make the world around them burn.  We see it every day in these pages.  No different.

Yeh but drama is the death knell for an alchey. Poor me poor me another...

• nfreeman changed the title to Robin Lehner goes off on buffalo again.
8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It was a great listen. I would love to know who he was talking about after he got out of rehab who almost caused him to relapse?  I have a lot of respect for Lou and the Isles and how they treated him. Seems very Mcd Beane type program building.   Real leadership. 

Sure, give props to Lou but he didn’t retain him either.  Once Botterill knew he took good care of Lehner, and Lehner has said that to the media.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.