Doug Allen will not be performing the Anthems at Sabres Games This Season

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, SDS said:

It hasn’t been as well studied as it should be. There is evidence that you can get really good broadbase immunity from it. However, society isn’t set up to verify and document the situation yet. 

they’re just starting to do the studies on the various  combinations. One such study has said that those who have had it and who also have been vaccinated have this super immunity and is the best of all worlds. However, more needs to be done before that’s written in stone.

Its the same with the vaccines, will take at least 10 years to fully study this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Ironically, I work with a guy also named Doug Allen who won’t get vaccinated because he had COVID. 

Is there even any proof that someone who had COVID is immune? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to news much this year. People who have had the flu can get the flu again, that’s as much as I know. 

They have some level of immunity, but recovered Covid survivors who've been vaxed have essentially "superhuman immunity" according to an article I've recently read.  And the immunity of having the disease alone is not nearly as strong as the vaccination.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Ironically, I work with a guy also named Doug Allen who won’t get vaccinated because he had COVID. 

Is there even any proof that someone who had COVID is immune? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to news much this year. People who have had the flu can get the flu again, that’s as much as I know. 

From what I understand, people who have had COVID and later the vaccine can have a greater immunity to the virus than simply having the vaccine. I've also read that you are taking a gamble by relying on virus antibodies alone. Here's from Nebraska Medicine:  

More than a third of COVID-19 infections result in zero protective antibodies

Natural immunity fades faster than vaccine immunity

Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination

• Like (+1) 2