Doug Allen will not be performing the Anthems at Sabres Games This Season

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Doug Allen will not be performing the Anthems at Sabres Games This Season

This dude is criminally underrated by this fanbase.  They could bring back anti-Semite Ronan Tynan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/yankees-pull-plug-ronan-tynan-tenors-bad-joke/story%3fid=8848327

Just now, tom webster said:

While I agree with this, the Sabres are in no position to alienate any more segments of their fan base.

Do you think fans wouldn’t attend if they didn’t sign an anthem or two?  Just chalk it up to not wanting to sing 14 national anthems to represent each players country and call it.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, tom webster said:

While I agree with this, the Sabres are in no position to alienate any more segments of their fan base.

Understood. 

I after I stopped and thought about why we did it… it became weird. Now I just can’t shake how weird it is.

Ironically, I work with a guy also named Doug Allen who won’t get vaccinated because he had COVID. 

Is there even any proof that someone who had COVID is immune? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to news much this year. People who have had the flu can get the flu again, that’s as much as I know. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Ironically, I work with a guy also named Doug Allen who won’t get vaccinated because he had COVID. 

Is there even any proof that someone who had COVID is immune? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to news much this year. People who have had the flu can get the flu again, that’s as much as I know. 

It hasn’t been as well studied as it should be. There is evidence that you can get really good broadbase immunity from it. However, society isn’t set up to verify and document the situation yet. 

they’re just starting to do the studies on the various  combinations. One such study has said that those who have had it and who also have been vaccinated have this super immunity and is the best of all worlds. However, more needs to be done before that’s written in stone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

It hasn’t been as well studied as it should be. There is evidence that you can get really good broadbase immunity from it. However, society isn’t set up to verify and document the situation yet. 

they’re just starting to do the studies on the various  combinations. One such study has said that those who have had it and who also have been vaccinated have this super immunity and is the best of all worlds. However, more needs to be done before that’s written in stone.

Thank you for the info.