Are all of the out of market games now espn+

miles

ESPN+ can suck my ass.

I was watching the game on delay. There is no "start from beginning" option, which is completely bush league.

I got to the first intermission and wanted to switch TVs, and it was gone. No Sabres game.

WTF.

It's not in their replay list.

…And it just showed up an hour later after they archived every other game.

It's actually still not archived for ROKU yet.

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

ESPN+ can suck my ass.

I was watching the game on delay. There is no "start from beginning" option, which is completely bush league.

The entire game is available, when I start watching late I can scroll back to the start. 

2701C87D-182B-4445-A4F4-570E0C02CAA6.jpeg

Edited by Lanny

2 hours ago, Lanny said:

The entire game is available, when I start watching late I can scroll back to the start. 

2701C87D-182B-4445-A4F4-570E0C02CAA6.jpeg

It's available now.

I started it late and was watching it. And then I couldn't. For well over an hour.

Well over two hours on ROKU.

And seriously, no "start from beginning"?

16 hours ago, SwampD said:

It's available now.

I started it late and was watching it. And then I couldn't. For well over an hour.

Well over two hours on ROKU.

And seriously, no "start from beginning"?

My response was related to the “start from beginning.” While there is no “start from beginning” button, once you e started the game “live” you can scroll back in time to the start of the game.

55 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m puzzled why the panthers v bruins game is blacked out on espn+.   I’m in WNY. 

Might be on nhl network. Think they get a 7pm and 10pm game on Saturday. Checked on nhl.com and it is listed as nhln along with local channels. So guessing it is a "national" broadcast

Edited by drnkirishone
Checked listings

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Ok fellas - Thinking about drinking the cool aid (subscribing to ESPN+).  Any of you use it regularly?  Does it run well enough?  Recommend it?  I’m out of market, so I’ve used Center Ice in the past.  Enjoyed it well enough. 

Yes -- I recommend it.  It's not perfect, but it works pretty well and you can access it from anywhere on roku, PC, phone, tablet, etc.  It also has DVR functionality -- i.e. you can watch a 7:00 pm game from the beginning even if you are busy until 8:00 pm.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Ok fellas - Thinking about drinking the cool aid (subscribing to ESPN+).  Any of you use it regularly?  Does it run well enough?  Recommend it?  I’m out of market, so I’ve used Center Ice in the past.  Enjoyed it well enough. 

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Yes -- I recommend it.  It's not perfect, but it works pretty well and you can access it from anywhere on roku, PC, phone, tablet, etc.  It also has DVR functionality -- i.e. you can watch a 7:00 pm game from the beginning even if you are busy until 8:00 pm.

The games are also available for watching even after the game date as well.  (Not sure how far you can go back, but it is an option for a while at least.)

Plus, you get all the Bandits & other box lacrosse games & a ton of college sports.  IMHO, ESPN+ is definitely worth the price.

Picture is very slightly fuzzy (at least vs the 4K) but not distracting.  Also, haven't had issues w/ freezing up.  It's worth the money IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, GoPre said:

It has a fair number of issues. but it is nearly the only option you have outside of cable. blackout games i think unlock after 48 hours from airing. you will not get games on tnt, nhl network, nor the espn main channel i believe because they are considered nationally televised. my biggest complaint is the same i had with nhl.tv, when i stream games from a smart tv or xbox I get huge framerate drops and buffering spins during broadcast. It runs pretty good on my PC thou.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

It has a fair number of issues. but it is nearly the only option you have outside of cable. blackout games i think unlock after 48 hours from airing. you will not get games on tnt, nhl network, nor the espn main channel i believe because they are considered nationally televised. my biggest complaint is the same i had with nhl.tv, when i stream games from a smart tv or xbox I get huge framerate drops and buffering spins during broadcast. It runs pretty good on my PC thou.

We watch it on both a PC connected to a TV and also a tablet.  Haven't seen the framerate drops, but really only watch on the PC connected to the TV.  (Wife usually watches hoops or other college sport that she's far more interested in than yours truly.  She hasn't mentioned framerate/ dropping issues.)

26 minutes ago, Taro T said:

We watch it on both a PC connected to a TV and also a tablet.  Haven't seen the framerate drops, but really only watch on the PC connected to the TV.  (Wife usually watches hoops or other college sport that she's far more interested in than yours truly.  She hasn't mentioned framerate/ dropping issues.)

it is a strange issue. It happens on both my smart tvs and my xbox series x. Of course peacock and paramount plus also do it for football games. So not sure why it happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Interesting. I spoke with someone recently who is having the same problem on his smart tv.  I have no problem on Roku, fire stick, PC, iPhone or iPad.  

I've had the buffering issue on Roku.  My stick is 4 years old though, so it might not be designed to handle that much data streaming.  I watched the last game on my Roku stick and didn't notice any buffering issues this time.  If I stream through my computer (and watch on the TV via HDMI cable) I've also experienced some lag but when the Roku lags it goes to a very grainy picture and stops.  When the computer lags it kind of goes "stop action" and jumps frames to catch up.  That seems to bother me less, especially because it typically doesn't freeze like Roku does.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.