Are all of the out of market games now espn+

miles

On 9/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, Taro T said:

That's the DTv price.  Presumably that's the price on cable as well.

As you know, nhl.tv was the on-line version in the past & that's been replaced by ESPN+.

I thought I saw the $70 price, but I just got my directv bill today and it's $160???????

Best Solution when living Outside the Sabres TV Market: Watch nearly all Sabres games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Sabres only have a few games scheduled to air on TNT and ESPN which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to lean how to watch those nationally televised games.

https://www.groundedreason.com/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-games/

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Best Solution when living Outside the Sabres TV Market: Watch nearly all Sabres games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Sabres only have a few games scheduled to air on TNT and ESPN which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to lean how to watch those nationally televised games.

https://www.groundedreason.com/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-games/

One correction to the article. The Sabres' TV market extends outside WNY. I'm in it down here in northern PA.

14 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I thought I saw the $70 price, but I just got my directv bill today and it's $160???????

Haven't had it show up on my bill yet.  But have the post card they sent saying it would be 3 payments of $23.33.  Will be calling them if the price isn't what they quoted.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Haven't had it show up on my bill yet.  But have the post card they sent saying it would be 3 payments of $23.33.  Will be calling them if the price isn't what they quoted.

She cancelled my center ice and gave me an additional $16.50 per month off  my NFL ticket.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

So are you squared away and ok now with what you expect your bill to be? 

I already have ESPN+ so I'm gonna give that a shot.  Not signing up for Center Ice.

Being in AZ , I miss a lot of games just because of the time zone, so it's not always worth it. I'll play it by ear.

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

One correction to the article. The Sabres' TV market extends outside WNY. I'm in it down here in northern PA.

I'm betting I'm still in the Sabres market here in Ithaca. I'm pretty sure I was 20-ish years ago in Binghamton too, although that town splits some for the Rangers, especially when the Rangers AHL team was here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the Leafs-Montreal game right now. The streaming quality isn't great.  Its OK, it is better than non-high def, but its certainly coming across lower than 1080p and there is an occasional 1/2 second freeze up.

We have a good internet connection, and have watched other streaming services and sports that look better than this.  Again, not AWFUL, but for sure it isn't as easy to watch as what we are used to.

I watched a few of the kraken preseason games and i didn't see any quality issues. The only thing i didn't like was there was no 10 second fast forward. i used to start the games a bit late to forward past the icings and commercials. 

I Use firetv stick with the espn app installed 

3 minutes ago, miles said:

I watched a few of the kraken preseason games and i didn't see any quality issues. The only thing i didn't like was there was no 10 second fast forward. i used to start the games a bit late to forward past the icings and commercials. 

I Use firetv stick with the espn app installed 

Its on the ESPN iPad app. Not sure about Roku.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:25 AM, Taro T said:

I signed up last night with Directv for 3 payments of $19.99.  The ease of setting up the Sabres as “my team” and ensuring all games record for the season in HD for playback whenever is worth it in my opinion.  Any games unavailable on CI will be recorded with the same feature on TBS/ ESPN.  

21 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm watching the Leafs-Montreal game right now. The streaming quality isn't great.  Its OK, it is better than non-high def, but its certainly coming across lower than 1080p and there is an occasional 1/2 second freeze up.

We have a good internet connection, and have watched other streaming services and sports that look better than this.  Again, not AWFUL, but for sure it isn't as easy to watch as what we are used to.

I believe it was mentioned ESPN+ hockey is only broadcasting at 720p.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

I signed up last night with Directv for 3 payments of $19.99.  The ease of setting up the Sabres as “my team” and ensuring all games record for the season in HD for playback whenever is worth it in my opinion.  Any games unavailable on CI will be recorded with the same feature on TBS/ ESPN.  

Yeah, saw the price was just $60 yesterday evening.  Grrrrrr.

Not sure it's worth the time to make the call to save $10.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Its on the ESPN iPad app. Not sure about Roku.

I'm watching ESPN+ on my Roku stick.

I wasn't seeing pregame shows and was a little bummed about that.  But when I switched from the TO/MTL game to ANA/WPG game I did see the Ducks pregame.  The difference I think is that it's the local Anaheim feed.  So hopefully we can see the Sabres pre/post game shows too.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm watching ESPN+ on my Roku stick.

I wasn't seeing pregame shows and was a little bummed about that.  But when I switched from the TO/MTL game to ANA/WPG game I did see the Ducks pregame.  The difference I think is that it's the local Anaheim feed.  So hopefully we can see the Sabres pre/post game shows too.

I didn't see any pre /post game stuff when watching the kraken games either. I liked watching that stuff

46 minutes ago, miles said:

I didn't see any pre /post game stuff when watching the kraken games either. I liked watching that stuff

But it was a "national" game.  I think when they pick up a game for national broadcast you don't get the local stuff.  When you have the choice of local broadcasts then (maybe?) you get pre/post game.  I dunno. We will see.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

But it was a "national" game.  I think when they pick up a game for national broadcast you don't get the local stuff.  When you have the choice of local broadcasts then (maybe?) you get pre/post game.  I dunno. We will see.

I meant the preseason games. They were local games on espn+ part

On 9/30/2021 at 8:38 AM, miles said:

We had direct tv for 3 years with a satellite dish. Basically everytime the wind would blow more than a gentle breeze, i would need to adjust the dish. 

When the contract was up we cancelled right away and the support was like you should have called us, we could send someone to help you. I told them i called so many times and they always told me to adjust it myself.  The dish was on our deck not the roof, so it wasnt dangerous, but really annoying going out there 2x per week to move it.

My signal will go out for a few minutes initially during a heavy rain but then signal resets and returns. I guess I pay for convenience of directv . I've never had issues with them and get big discounts every year. Too many choices with streaming services and hard to choose with the different channels available. Plus as someone else said, the cost of these services has been increasing and closing the gap on savings.  

On 10/1/2021 at 10:00 PM, freester said:

I was just watching espn plus and the picture quality was not good on the senators Canuck game. Is anyone else having this problem?

As I posted last night my quality was decent, but certainly not 1080p high def, a little grainy and blurry.

The biggest problem I had was buffering or the feed freezing during the leaves Canadians game. The picture would stutter once every couple of minutes, in about every 10 minutes it would lock up and stay that way until I backed out of the game and tried to restart it. He had to do that 10 times or more last night.

I don't think it's our internet connection either. We've never had that issue with any of our other streaming services, and we have a very good premium internet connection with the router only one room away from the TV.

The picture quality I would like to see better but it was acceptable. The buffering and stuttering of the image is unacceptable they have to address that soon.

1 hour ago, miles said:

I meant the preseason games. They were local games on espn+ part

Yeah, we'll see.

10 hours ago, miles said:

The Kraken game was being carried on ESPN, not ESPN+, I believe.  That might make a difference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.