Are all of the out of market games now espn+

miles

I'd like to know how many preseason Sabres games will be televised?

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm afraid I know the answer to this question. I'm in market, so I wouldn't be able to get ESPN+ for cheap on Hulu, right?

And that policy exists why?

If you can back-door MSG with ESPN+, what are they paying TV rights for?

• Like (+1) 1

I watched the kraken preseason game last night. Well, a period of it. I have to say the biggest thing i miss is the ability to start it early to watch the pregame stuff. 

Also, the kraken play by play guy is horrible. i was thinking of trying to watch them as my 2nd team. i think its neat to watch from the beginning of a team 

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

ESPN took over from the NHL Network.  I don't think any games are directly through the NHL anymore.

Give me HNIC, or give me death.  It's the only thing that the CBC is good for.

The "Out of town" feed for US south of the border would likely be HNIC for any game they cover. Based on last time I had CI/NHL.tv, you'll probably get 0 HNIC over ESPN+ (or whatnot) since those are broadcast locally to your TV/Cable. That was always the rub, when the Sabres were good, you almost had to have cable because a bunch of games would end up on the national broadcast and not stream for 48 hours after the end.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Okay. 

So, if I wanted to watch ALL of the Sabres games this upcoming season (in market), what am I supposed to do? This has gotten very confusing very quickly. 

Getting MSG will get you 72 of them.  The Heritage Classic & a March Pens game will be exclusively on TNT.  ESPN+ should get you the other 8.

Not sure if those 8 ESPN+ games will be on CI.  (Maybe that's why CI is only $70 this year.  If they won't show ESPN+ games, would explain the price drop.)

16 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Okay. 

So, if I wanted to watch ALL of the Sabres games this upcoming season (in market), what am I supposed to do? This has gotten very confusing very quickly. 

In market? Get cable. I doubt the new rights package is giving up the cable channels' exclusive right to show games. Streaming with a cable-provider login or using the quaint RG59 Coax attached to a "TV" is, I'd bet, your only option.

6 hours ago, MattPie said:

In market? Get cable. I doubt the new rights package is giving up the cable channels' exclusive right to show games. Streaming with a cable-provider login or using the quaint RG59 Coax attached to a "TV" is, I'd bet, your only option.

Get cable sounds like “$200/month” to me. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I agree, and it's dumb. I guess get YouTube.tv or something that carries TNT may be an option. Are there no games on local TV any more (previously NBC?)

Nothing infuriated me more than sports programming. 

Fubo - gets Sabres but no local networks or mush else of use to me. If I want to watch Paraguay play Latvia in volleyball, it’ll be on 3 different networks. Don’t even think about watching March Madness.  No Turner networks available, so SOL.  

YoutubeTV - all major sports covered well. Good luck watching your team if they play the Yankees and you live in Western NY. 

DIRECTV - just plan on having another mortgage 

Sling - ugh

Hulu - I couldn’t even get past the interface screen.  

Espn+ - anytime I’ve ever wanted to watch something on it, it states I cannot watch due to blackout restrictions 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Getting a VPN service like PIA or NordVPN or ExpressVPN, should help with any blackout restrictions.

I live in Williamsville and I stream everything with/thru Roku. I pay Spectrum for cable streaming and internet. With taxes it’s $110 a month. It includes MSG and TNT.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question for cord-cutters:  if you're already paying for internet service at home, isn't cable TV as an add-on to your internet bill the cheapest TV option?  Every time I look into it, that is the case for me.

We have youtubetv and the disney+ package with hulu and espn.

Its 65 for YouTubetv and i think 12 for the disney package. 

I also have paramount+ but only until the tv show evil is over, so i wont count it since its paramount+ exclusive 

Our internet with all fees is 80 a month. We have pretty good speeds, we could get cheaper if we wanted 

So for 77 for YouTubetv and Disney and 80 is 157 all in.

When we had cable with internet through verizon it was 225 per month for 2 tvs, but only one of them having dvr.

Its a decent difference but the gap is definitely shrinking. when we first switched we were saving 125 a month.

We get a lot less channels but most are junk anyway that we didn't watch. Honestly if it wasn't for my wife watching nfl, we could probably get away with just the hulu bundle and watch every show the next day instead of live. I believe every show we watch is on hulu the next day.  

We had the playstation tv before YouTube tv and it was a lot better. That is closed now though

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

Fubo - gets Sabres but no local networks or mush else of use to me. If I want to watch Paraguay play Latvia in volleyball, it’ll be on 3 different networks. Don’t even think about watching March Madness.  No Turner networks available, so SOL.  

YoutubeTV - all major sports covered well. Good luck watching your team if they play the Yankees and you live in Western NY. 

Sling - ugh

Espn+ - anytime I’ve ever wanted to watch something on it, it states I cannot watch due to blackout restrictions 

You highlighted my issue with FuboTV. 

When I signed up for them a couple years back, it was only $30/month. Cool, I get the Sabres AND Bills games. I don’t watch TV, that’s all I watch, great deal. 

Fast forward to today. They want $60/month. They no longer have the Bills games, and dont have all of the Sabres games. It’s just not worth it to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You highlighted my issue with FuboTV. 

When I signed up for them a couple years back, it was only $30/month. Cool, I get the Sabres AND Bills games. I don’t watch TV, that’s all I watch, great deal. 

Fast forward to today. They want $60/month. They no longer have the Bills games, and dont have all of the Sabres games. It’s just not worth it to me. 

We will never get to see what goes on with the pricing negotiations between networks and providers. However, i believe (no proof, just believe) that the networks are trying to out price these companies so people will cancel and join their streaming services. 

This is my wild conspiracy theory and is probably not accurate 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, inkman said:

Sling - ugh

Forgot to mention YoutubeTV doesn’t have the Sabres so there is that 

As much as I despise Spectrum, I’m not dropping them.  I don’t want a pizza pan on the side of my house/roof. I also don’t  want to jerk around with not having this channel or that channel(Sabres games!), screwing around with an antenna, streaming this or that and dealing with buffering, etc…

All in the name of saving $50-60 a month?  No thanks. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

As much as I despise Spectrum, I’m not dropping them.  I don’t want a pizza pan on the side of my house/roof. I also don’t  want to jerk around with not having this channel or that channel(Sabres games!), screwing around with an antenna, streaming this or that and dealing with buffering, etc…

We had direct tv for 3 years with a satellite dish. Basically everytime the wind would blow more than a gentle breeze, i would need to adjust the dish. 

When the contract was up we cancelled right away and the support was like you should have called us, we could send someone to help you. I told them i called so many times and they always told me to adjust it myself.  The dish was on our deck not the roof, so it wasnt dangerous, but really annoying going out there 2x per week to move it.

7 minutes ago, miles said:

We had direct tv for 3 years with a satellite dish. Basically everytime the wind would blow more than a gentle breeze, i would need to adjust the dish. 

When the contract was up we cancelled right away and the support was like you should have called us, we could send someone to help you. I told them i called so many times and they always told me to adjust it myself.  The dish was on our deck not the roof, so it wasnt dangerous, but really annoying going out there 2x per week to move it.

Surprising you've had that issue.  Been w/ DTv for about 16 years & except for the occasional icing over of the dish  (~1 per 2 years) haven't had to make adjustments to the dish.  But since going to HD will lose signal on about 1/2 the channels for a few minutes when a major downpour begins.  That probably happens ~4x/yr.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Surprising you've had that issue.  Been w/ DTv for about 16 years & except for the occasional icing over of the dish  (~1 per 2 years) haven't had to make adjustments to the dish.  But since going to HD will lose signal on about 1/2 the channels for a few minutes when a major downpour begins.  That probably happens ~4x/yr.

We are in apartment so they mounted it in a pole on the deck. Im guessing the installer probably didn't do it right. Honestly, It was a miserable experience for us.

29 minutes ago, miles said:

We are in apartment so they mounted it in a pole on the deck. Im guessing the installer probably didn't do it right. Honestly, It was a miserable experience for us.

Would explain it.  If the dish didn't have a solid base to keep it truly stationary, surprised you only had to fiddle with it a couple of times per week.

Roof mounted on a tripod base actually works pretty well.

Bummer that you had the issues.

10 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Exactly.  Spectrum is pricey and the customer service is hit and miss, but I pay for what I get with no hassle.  200 a month includes Wi-Fi and home phone to be safe with a little one in the house.  Plus, I paid an extra $5 a month last year to get the NFLN, NHLN, Olympic and Tennis Channel.  The cherry on the sundae is they included the NFL RedZone.  No other way to watch football.  Last Sunday was magic on that Channel.

Wifi is super reliable as well. Impressive since we live south of Colden. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

So, I just logged in to my ESPN+ account, and took a quick peek on the site.  I see a handful of NHL games through the end of October, but clearly not all of them.  I am in WNY, and I thought except for the Sabres games, that I would have access to all other NHL games? 

Help!

I don't think they put every game on that scrolling menu until you get closer to the date. You can try the search function for specific games. But I'm just as much in the dark as you. All I know is every UB game that isn't on CBS or Fox is on there when I go to watch. Hoping the same for the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.