Are all of the out of market games now espn+

miles

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I pay less than $15/mo for Hulu, Disney and ESPN+.  I got it for UB sports. Now I don't have to spend $140 on NHL Center Ice.

Just to be clear:  are you saying that if you don’t live in WNY, but you have ESPN+, you will get every Sabres game without having to spring for NHL Center Ice?

And if you are saying that, how confident are you?

I sure hope you’re right!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Just to be clear:  are you saying that if you don’t live in WNY, but you have ESPN+, you will get every Sabres game without having to spring for NHL Center Ice?

John Buccigross has been saying the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

ESPN took over from the NHL Network.  I don't think any games are directly through the NHL anymore.

Give me HNIC, or give me death.  It's the only thing that the CBC is good for.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm not confident until I see it. But everyone is saying all games are on ESPN+, and there isn't an NHL Center Ice online package anymore, so...

When you go to NHL.tv, this is what it says...

NHLESPN.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

34 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

All but two games 

I'm not sure about this. It might only be half the games.

From the ESPN plus page...

Beginning with the 2021-22 season, access more than 1,000 out-of-market NHL games and 75 exclusive games per season—making ESPN+ a must-have for hockey fans.

So "more than" 1000 games.  Lets say it is 'about' 1000 games.  If we figure every market has 31 'out of market' teams...divide 1000 by 31 and you get 'about' 32 games per team.  A far cry from every game.

Here is the big problem. No one knows. I have looked up every bit of info on this and there is no place that actually states EXACTLY how many games there will be, what the schedule will be or anyplace close to that.

And the final thing. Even if you were 'in market', you could watch your 'in market' games a day or two late with the old NHL network.  If I wanted to watch a Sabres game from a few days ago, even in Buffalo I could.  BUT, there is no mention at all whether or not that will be available.

So, No info on anything.  No schedules.  Not sure if 'in market' games can be watched on delay.  Maybe only 30-40 games per team.  The lack of information a month before the season starts is pretty bad.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not sure about this. It might only be half the games.

From the ESPN plus page...

Beginning with the 2021-22 season, access more than 1,000 out-of-market NHL games and 75 exclusive games per season—making ESPN+ a must-have for hockey fans.

So "more than" 1000 games.  Lets say it is 'about' 1000 games.  If we figure every market has 31 'out of market' teams...divide 1000 by 31 and you get 'about' 32 games per team.  A far cry from every game.

Here is the big problem. No one knows. I have looked up every bit of info on this and there is no place that actually states EXACTLY how many games there will be, what the schedule will be or anyplace close to that.

And the final thing. Even if you were 'in market', you could watch your 'in market' games a day or two late with the old NHL network.  If I wanted to watch a Sabres game from a few days ago, even in Buffalo I could.  BUT, there is no mention at all whether or not that will be available.

So, No info on anything.  No schedules.  Not sure if 'in market' games can be watched on delay.  Maybe only 30-40 games per team.  The lack of information a month before the season starts is pretty bad.

But there are only 1,312 total NHL regular season games (32 teams / 2 teams per game x 82 games).  So it seems like the “more than 1000” games would likely cover all of the games other than the TNT or other national games?

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

But there are only 1,312 total NHL regular season games (32 teams / 2 teams per game x 82 games).  So it seems like the “more than 1000” games would likely cover all of the games other than the TNT or other national games?

I forgot to go with the fact there are '2 teams' per game. my bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Yes.  There's a thread about it.  Temper the "every" with the fact that TNT is a partner so you need them to get every game.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Very confident (even though the NHL has done a horrible job walking people through this change.) I ordered it for the same reason. For eighteen dollars more per year, I not only get NHL games, but the Marvel and Star Wars universes as well. Plus, Nine Perfect Strangers on HULU was pretty entertaining.

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

ESPN took over from the NHL Network.  I don't think any games are directly through the NHL anymore.

Give me HNIC, or give me death.  It's the only thing that the CBC is good for.

I like The National for news.  I imagine some people will like reruns of The Beachcombers.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I like The National for news.  I imagine some people will like reruns of The Beachcombers.

You're right.  I was only horsing around.  The CBC is actually pretty good.  We do pay a lot for it though.  Largely tax payer funded.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.