Who's going to be captain?

Buffalonill

Who's going to be captain?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you truly believe will be captain?

• Zemgus Girgensons
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Jeff skinner
    • Craig Anderson
    • Dylan Cozens
    • Other

• nfreeman changed the title to Who's going to be captain?

Adams press conference.  He stated that they would not name a captain right away.  I think that they will name Okposo if they need to name one this year.  If they just go with Assistants this season then maybe one of the younger players like Cozens will get it.

Not really a big deal to me.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Digger said:

Adams press conference.  He stated that they would not name a captain right away.  I think that they will name Okposo if they need to name one this year.  If they just go with Assistants this season then maybe one of the younger players like Cozens will get it.

Not really a big deal to me.

Agents don't like giving up money.

Stop the madness. The Sabres have already made themselves look bad by taking the “C” off of Eichel. They have devalued him by essentially saying he’s never going to play again for Buffalo. It makes the organization look like they couldn’t run an ECHL franchise. Enough of this, put three “A” s on 3 players and move on. 

From the choices, Okposo would seem to be the most likely if one were forced to choose.

However given how i don't feel as if this team has a player that fits the criteria I'd probably not give it to anyone.

The fact our 2 'best' choices are Zemgus & Okposo, its a bit of an indictment on the State of our Franchise & the lack of quality players with any sort of leadership traits whatsoever

I think this group of youth need a player(s) to lead them on and off the ice.

In order to have some overlap in case of injury or something, I suggest that the Sabres do a 'co-captain' thing like with Briere and Drury.  One will wear the 'C' at home and the other will wear the 'C' on the road.  They will wear an 'A' when the other is wearing the 'C'.

I give you the 2021/22 Buffalo Sabre co-captains ... Zemgus Girgensons (home) and Kyle Okposo (away).

The other 'A' will be worn by Skinner for all games.

Therefore, I voted 'other'.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
much more goodly ... trust me ...
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

In order to have some overlap in case of injury or something, I suggest that the Sabres do a 'co-captain' thing like with Briere and Drury.  One will wear the 'C' at home and the other will wear the 'C' on the road.  They will wear an 'A' when the other is wearing the 'C'.

I give you the 2021/22 Buffalo Sabre co-captains ... Zemgus Girgensons (home) and Kyle Okposo (away).

I like this option best.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I was going to say None, but you give a significant argument to go with Other.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Here's a qualification for any new captain. Unite the team against the sociopath owners and go on strike until they allow Jack to get the surgery that he wants as a HUMAN being. That would be real leadership; not just some smiling, eager beaver yes man like Cozens seems to be. Adams and the Pegulas are disgusting humans in how they've treated Jack. Absolute scum. A real leader would recognize this. Kinda like how real parents wouldn't aid and abet a son murder his fiancee and cover it up.
  • Sad 2

I quote:
-----------

Warning Signs of an Abusive Person

2. Controlling Behavior. ... Acts like you don’t have the ability to make good decisions. Hides controlling behavior by pretending to be concerned for your safety.

5. Isolation Makes it difficult for you to go to work or school. Tries to cut off all your resources.

6. Blames Others for Problems. If there are problems at school or work, it is always someone else’s fault. If anything goes wrong in the relationship, it is all your fault. Won’t take responsibility for own behavior.
[removes captaincy, fires several GMS]

9. Disrespectful or Cruel to Others..... Insensitive to pain and suffering.... Doesn’t treat others with respect. Dismissive of others’ feelings.

15. Threats of Any Kind.

-------

I notice some parallels.

And I quote:

--

Besides, you know, lying to everyone, Holmes fired people ruthlessly and hastily. After terminating one of the lead engineers at Theranos, Ed Ku, Carreyrou writes that Holmes said: "I don’t care. We can change people in and out. The company is all that matters." In another instance described in Bad Blood, Holmes told the company, "The miniLab [a Theranos product] is the most important thing humanity has ever built. If you don’t believe this is the case, you should leave now." To outsiders, Holmes was charming, and she soaked up praise from press and investors. But behind closed doors, she was a toxic boss who exhibited narcissistic behavior.

--

Sound familiar?   And look how easy it was to change out O'Reilly, Reinhart, Risto..[and Jack].   The Sabres are likely going to be last in the league yet again.

Edited by etiennep99
Added part on Theranos

7 hours ago, lost in dc said:

Stop the madness. The Sabres have already made themselves look bad by taking the “C” off of Eichel. They have devalued him by essentially saying he’s never going to play again for Buffalo. It makes the organization look like they couldn’t run an ECHL franchise. Enough of this, put three “A” s on 3 players and move on. 

I really don't understand why anyone expected Eichel to be the captain. It really puzzles me why this is an actual issue. If Adams never issued a statement about the captaincy and we begin the season with Eichel not being the captain would anyone blink an eye? He doesn't want to be here and It seems like a lot is being made out of a reporters question and Adams honest response. Why would you want the captain of your team be the main guy who want out of here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Here's a qualification for any new captain. Unite the team against the sociopath owners and go on strike until they allow Jack to get the surgery that he wants as a HUMAN being. That would be real leadership; not just some smiling, eager beaver yes man like Cozens seems to be. Adams and the Pegulas are disgusting humans in how they've treated Jack. Absolute scum. A real leader would recognize this. Kinda like how real parents wouldn't aid and abet a son murder his fiancee and cover it up.

3 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

I quote:
-----------

2. Controlling Behavior. ... Acts like you don’t have the ability to make good decisions. Hides controlling behavior by pretending to be concerned for your safety.

5. Isolation Makes it difficult for you to go to work or school. Tries to cut off all your resources.

6. Blames Others for Problems. If there are problems at school or work, it is always someone else’s fault. If anything goes wrong in the relationship, it is all your fault. Won’t take responsibility for own behavior.

9. Disrespectful or Cruel to Others..... Insensitive to pain and suffering.... Doesn’t treat others with respect. Dismissive of others’ feelings.

15. Threats of Any Kind.

-------

I notice some parallels.

And I quote:

--

Besides, you know, lying to everyone, Holmes fired people ruthlessly and hastily. After terminating one of the lead engineers at Theranos, Ed Ku, Carreyrou writes that Holmes said: "I don’t care. We can change people in and out. The company is all that matters." In another instance described in Bad Blood, Holmes told the company, "The miniLab [a Theranos product] is the most important thing humanity has ever built. If you don’t believe this is the case, you should leave now." To outsiders, Holmes was charming, and she soaked up praise from press and investors. But behind closed doors, she was a toxic boss who exhibited narcissistic behavior.

--

Sound familiar?   And look how easy it was to change out O'Reilly, Reinhart, Risto..[and Jack].   The Sabres are likely going to be last in the league yet again.

3 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Removing the captaincy, OK. How it was done, not OK. Let him have his surgery and say that you need a captain who is ready to play. Trade him and name a new captain. Switch to rotating captains. Several better options.

Please take a seat and be quiet. Your posts are painful to read, you're pretending to know something about hockey when you won't admit that you're clueless about the game, and, last but not least, they're stucking fupid.

Adams said "the captain is the heartbeat of the team" So this year they will go with 3 As and no C  and the team will have no pulse. 

I think everybody realizes if this is long term thinking now the C is earmarked for Cozens, but he still has to earn it. 

In a few years if the plan succeeds your captain is Cozens and Power has one A and Quinn or Peterka or whichever kid proves to be the best leader is the other A. Managing things to get there over the next few years however, will be tricky, and I have no reason to think they will pull it off successfully. A veteran leader from outside would have been better . 

(Skinner as an option above? That was sarcasm right?)

6 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

I quote:
-----------

15. Threats of Any Kind.

-------

I notice some parallels.

And I quote:

--

--

D5431673-BCDB-4AB1-87DF-2A1045925DEC.thumb.jpeg.192d3da4f3270cb3d02538fc632f23bc.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.