Today's Press Conference 9/23/21 8:30 and 9:15 am

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I think taking away the C was probably the dumbest thing that just makes me feel his trade value will decrease more.

They could easily just had a substitute for the time being smh 

Nah, the Sabres front office are seen as incompetent morons, this will increase his trade value as it will affirm to the rest of the league Eichel is the perfect captain.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think taking away the C was probably the dumbest thing that just makes me feel his trade value will decrease more.

lol

Yes, NHL gms who know Eichel will never play for the Sabres again saw the Sabres take the C away from him and were like "oh man! his value is lower now, call them up and offer them a dozen wings from that pizza place around the corner. They will definitely take it now that they took the C away from a player who will never play for them again. It changes everything!" 

You joking? Everyone in the league knows where this thing stands. Adams has made the value of Eichel clear and that made clear which surgery Eichel wants. Teams can either pay that price and get Eichel and his surgery or not. This changes nothing, especially considering he wasn't getting the C wherever he ended up. 

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

It has not happened yet, sorry, I'll add time

Kevyn Adams just spoke on WGR for half an hour. 

• Like (+1) 2

• bob_sauve28 changed the title to Today's Press Conference 9/23/21 8:30 and 9:15 am
12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I disagree.  Just because I think everyone around the league already knew that Eichel and the Sabres were not going to have an amicable resolution.

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

I disagree.  Just because I think everyone around the league already knew that Eichel and the Sabres were not going to have an amicable resolution.

Yup. NHL GMs already know. This isn't news and if you look at the national media, none of them are surprised. 

I'm neither shocked, not offended by the move.

I said right after the disconnect press conference there is no way Jack could be captain any longer after what was said there.

I don't think it was necessary or helpful to announce the move the way Adams did.

Not because it affects his trade value but because it comes across as simply airing dirty laundry and in no way helps get the process to the goal, which is moving Eichel for fair value.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I said right after the disconnect press conference there is no way Jack could be captain any longer after what was said there.

I don't think it was necessary or helpful to announce the move the way Adams did.

Not because it affects his trade value but because it comes across as simply airing dirty laundry and in no way helps get the process to the goal, which is moving Eichel for fair value.

…but wasn’t it previously leaked?  At that point, you knew someone in the media was going to bring it up. 

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

…but wasn’t it previously leaked?  At that point, you knew someone in the media was going to bring it up. 

Yup, but that doesn't fit the narrative that Adams is incompetent and screwed everything up. The popular thing is to be mad at the Sabres for anything and everything they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The proverbial dirty laundry is already hanging outside for everyone to see. This is one saga that not only isn't hidden but can't be hidden. So being discrete at this point is futile. KA is open and transparent where he is at on this situation. That's the right approach to take. He is not going to get involved in a tit for tat public spat. He clearly said where he is at and where the other party is. Part of the job for any GM is to answer tough questions relating to players and situations. His answer is clear without much need for additional elaboration. In my judgment he is handling it well.  

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The proverbial dirty laundry is already hanging outside for everyone to see. This is one saga that not only isn't hidden but can't be hidden. So being discrete at this point is futile. KA is open and transparent where he is at on this situation. That's the right approach to take. He is not going to get involved in a tit for tat public spat. He clearly said where he is at and where the other party is. Part of the job for any GM is to answer tough questions relating to players and situations. His answer is clear without much need for additional elaboration. In my judgment he is handling it well.  

This is fair. Maybe my gut reaction was wrong.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens, Mitts, Zemgus, and Ruotsolainen will be centers to start camp. 

That would be how I'd have done it.

Granato basically says Dahlin is a coach pleaser in that he wants to know what the coach needs him to do. Granato had to tell him he has the answer and knows what to do. 

This 100% in my mind explains why Krueger ruined Dahlin.

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Sure would look better with Jack in that mix. 

Jack Eichel will never play for this team again unless it is a couple games to prove he is healthy enough for a trade. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.