Rasmus Dahlin signs 3 years 6 Million AAV Contract with Sabres

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yep.  Worked oh-so-well with Reino.

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

The decision to bridge Sam being wrong in hindsight should not in any way affect the decision to bridge Rasmus.  Sam played much better over the course of three full years (249 games) vs. what we have witnessed with Dahlin in under 200.  He’s not worthy of a long term deal at $9m. Way too much risk.  I was in line with the evolving wild predictions on AAV. 

Interesting that old 'friend' Cal Peterson got a 3 year deal for only $1M less per year than Dahlin on the same day. 
Things would feel different if he were on the Sabres right now. 

Although that assumes the organization wouldn't have screwed him up by now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

In the olden days they would have provided a fancy pen that Rasmus would get to keep for the grand signing.

Bic disposable is the new fangled way.  I fear for the landfill.

Strict PSE austerity measures. 

On another note, does Rasmus actually look happy to be there? Like he wants to be there? Or is that just a fake to appease Adams? Hmm.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

On another note, does Rasmus actually look happy to be there? Like he wants to be there? Or is that just a fake to appease Adams? Hmm.

I think that he is happy to be signed and I think he wants to be in Buffalo.  His expression says that he is not really comfortable in these types of settings and he would rather be on the ice.

That said, who knows?  He could be a real good faker.

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Rasmus seemed sincere to me in the interview I watched.  He's always been a bit shy and a bit guarded in his comments (I think because English is his second language and he's choosing his words).  He is happy with having Granato back and now he needs to let his play on the ice speak for him.  He did sound more mature to me in his latest interview.

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It is hard to compare this deal with Rhino's because his was a 1 year deal. Dahlin's contract allows you a year to come to an agreement.

Having said that, I would have given him a 2 year deal. He had little leverage coming off of his ELC and will have all of it coming off of his bridge. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It is hard to compare this deal with Rhino's because his was a 1 year deal. Dahlin's contract allows you a year to come to an agreement.

Having said that, I would have given him a 2 year deal. He had little leverage coming off of his ELC and will have all of it coming off of his bridge. 

I like your point about 2 years. That would have been better than 3.

That said, I wanted 8 x 8.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Trying to imagine having the mental energy to bitch about what a hockey player or gm wears when signing a contract. 

Trying to imagine having the mental energy to bitch about someone else bitching about what a hockey player or GM wears when signing a contract.

It was mostly a joke, although I do think the backwards cap was too casual for an official press release photo op.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.