When will Dahlin be in camp?

dudacek

I doubt he has said that at this stage of his career but it's very likely his agent has advised him to ask for the moon and stars seeing an opportunity to squeeze the team and they can fall back onto this sort of narrative if things go badly. imo Sabres will either have to overpay him badly (on hope and faith for the future) or it will be the next domino to fall. 

From Friedman’s 32 Thoughts 

7. The rumours on Dahlin have been all over the map. Several months ago, I heard things started very well. Then I heard Buffalo wanted short term not because of anything Dahlin did (or didn’t do), but because of overall frustration and desire not to commit long. Now the defence market has exploded. It’s possible Dahlin, Hughes and their representatives are watching to see who goes first.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is Dahlin part of Adams plan long-term?

Is Buffalo part of Dahlin's plan long-term?

Maybe - Power is his guy and we know that KA is cleaning house.

Maybe - Dahlin likely thinks that this could be his team given the clean out, but does he and his agents think that there is any future here given the current inept management?

We have seen both the positives and negatives of bridge deals.  We saved cap and we certainly received good value for the money on Reinhart and Ullmark.  However now 2 key players are gone because we failed to commit to them long term when we had the chance.

We have also seen the problem with long and medium extension.  The Jack fiasco, KO, Skinner and even Risto who didn’t play to his $5.4 mill cap hit.

I’d offer 6 for 6 and go from there.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

From Friedman’s 32 Thoughts 

7. The rumours on Dahlin have been all over the map. Several months ago, I heard things started very well. Then I heard Buffalo wanted short term not because of anything Dahlin did (or didn’t do), but because of overall frustration and desire not to commit long. Now the defence market has exploded. It’s possible Dahlin, Hughes and their representatives are watching to see who goes first.

So Buffalo wanted short term because they didn't want to commit for long?

Or Buffalo wanted short term because DAHLIN didn't want to commit to term, aka, Buffalo didn't actually want short term?

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So Buffalo wanted short term because they didn't want to commit for long?

Or Buffalo wanted short term because DAHLIN didn't want to commit to term, aka, Buffalo didn't actually want short term?

I read that as the "desire not to commit long" is on Dahlin's part.

But maybe that's because I've been a Sabres fan too long and used to getting kicked in the head.

• Thanks (+1) 1