Ahhhh-tumn starts tomorrow. What do you love about it?

PASabreFan

It's inarguably the favorite season of most people. But why? There are so many things. First off I don't go by meteorological fall. Fall did not start on Sept. 1. And it doesn't last until just before Christmas. Fall is now until Halloween, basically. It's amazing that this short period of time can hold so much sway over us, moreso than the full three months of other seasons.

I just had my first sip of Mayer Brothers cider. I've had a sweatshirt on at night. Hockey is around the bend.

So many.

Go.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nine pin comes out with its Earl Grey hard cider in the fall. I always look forward to that. 

Kids back in school so it makes some weekday errand much easier. Minus the stuck behind schoolbuses. 

Obviously the leaves changing, especially in our part of the state. Beautiful. 

Convertible top down with heated seats on and heat on, lovely feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cider.

It means winter is right around the bend.

The way the sun shines through the drier air on the leaves while driving on 20A.

Wearing a sweatshirt is like wearing a hug.

Hockey.

Not sweating.

No AC noise at night.

Manhattans taste better in the cooler air.

Fires.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I like nothing about fall. It it too short and means winter is just around the corner.  

I’m pretty much here.  I need another 8 weeks of Summer.  You can have my margaritas and sandals when you can pry them from my cold dead fingers.  

23 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I was just down at the dock and they are pulling boats out of the water. That’s horrible. 

I know, right?  Who loves that *****?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I like the weather.  Not so much the rain but the cooler weather, frost in the morning and then the sun warming everything up.  Once the frost comes the insects die off and it's great for hiking.  The fall leaves change color and it always amazes me how breathtaking everything looks (hard to capture with pictures.......you have to experience it).  

I also like it after the cottagers close down their cottages for the season (usually by the 2nd week of October) and then the hiking trails are free of all the tourists.  Much nicer than summer for hiking, quiet.

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 1

The crisp air, but still warm in the sun.

The crisper apples.

The colour of the leaves.

The start of fire season.

The cool evenings and overnights.

Planting bulbs that will be a beautiful and welcome sight come spring.

My birthday is in October.

We were married in October.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love fall, especially in the Midwest we’re the nice weather lasts up to Thanksgiving, not Halloween. 

College Football, pro football, comfortable temps, no humidity, long shadows, crisp air, harvest moons, winery visits, bike rides, fall colors, fall foods, sweat shirts, fall gardening, hockey starts, Halloween, family, thanksgiving, 

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.