Brian Duff and Marty Biron to Take Over The Instigators

Brawndo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, and a regular guest on SiriusXM hockey channel (which is linked, I believe, the Canadian national gig).

I enjoy listening to him talk about the Sabres to non-Sabres fans.  He's realistic about the team and where they're at, but at the same time you can tell he's very optimistic on the path the team is taking.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

@PromoTheRobot ... what was the question?  What was the answer?

A star is born ...

"If Vegas called asking for cap help, would you do it considering we want them to finish as poorly as possible?"

The answer was: "I'll do what's best for the Sabres."

I gave the question via Twitter yesterday when the show asked for listener questions. I don't put my name on my account so Promo it is.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What will? The Instigators? It's a PSE production. What do you expect?

And this is the problem with digging up months old topics just to add a post. Now people are replying thinking that this is a new development. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There really is zero reason to dig up an old topic unless there is specific, relevant information in the topic that is germane to the reason why the topic has been bumped.

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't listen to it, just assumed it was another fluff. My bad!

Duffer and Marty are actually pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

And this is the problem with digging up months old topics just to add a post. Now people are replying thinking that this is a new development. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There really is zero reason to dig up an old topic unless there is specific, relevant information in the topic that is germane to the reason why the topic has been bumped.

So because 1 poster missed something from last summer this is your logic? Guess we should have started a thread that promo had a shootout on a radio show

47 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I watch them during game intermissions, I of course like Marty but I can't understand him alot of the times.

Find some old Gil Perreault interviews if you want to practise learning his accent.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

@PromoTheRobot just got a shoutout on WGR for a question with Kevyn Adams

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Pretty cool. What was the question/answer?

Also did you introduce yourself as Promo lol wondering how Liger and Randall know it was you

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/podcasts/the-instigators-20259

Starts at the 15:53 mark.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So because 1 poster missed something from last summer this is your logic? Guess we should have started a thread that promo had a shootout on a radio show

I don't want this to be contentious... It helps everyone if we are on the same page as this is a common situation with a lot of people.

I can write a page or two about the topic... Missing a topic is by far the only reason. But before I do that, I can ask you the same thing. What is the logic bringing up a 7 month old post? What problem are we trying to solve there? Why is doing that better than starting a new discussion?

Here is what happened to me this morning:

1. I stopped reading the topic on page three back in Sept.
  2. Topic get bumped. I see it, read the subject - I am now confused why this was bumped. The show has been on for 7 months now.
  3. I click the title. It sends me to page 3 of 5. I see that it is old.
  4. I scroll page page 3. Nothing. I click to page 4. Nothing. 
  5. I now go to the very end of the discussion and scroll backwards to find the new post.

How can that experience possibly be better than "New Topic: PTR gets question answered on the Instigators"?

1. The topic is current and the subject is accurate
  2. The new subject helps me decide if I'm interested in clicking. If not, it is still informative in of itself
  3. One click gets me to the new material

That has to be a better experience for most everyone - doesn't it?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I don't want this to be contentious... It helps everyone if we are on the same page as this is a common situation with a lot of people.

I can write a page or two about the topic... Missing a topic is by far the only reason. But before I do that, I can ask you the same thing. What is the logic bringing up a 7 month old post? What problem are we trying to solve there? Why is doing that better than starting a new discussion?

Here is what happened to me this morning:

1. I stopped reading the topic on page three back in Sept.
  2. Topic get bumped. I see it, read the subject - I am now confused why this was bumped. The show has been on for 7 months now.
  3. I click the title. It sends me to page 3 of 5. I see that it is old.
  4. I scroll page page 3. Nothing. I click to page 4. Nothing. 
  5. I now go to the very end of the discussion and scroll backwards to find the new post.

How can that experience possibly be better than "New Topic: PTR gets question answered on the Instigators"?

1. The topic is current and the subject is accurate
  2. The new subject helps me decide if I'm interested in clicking. If not, it is still informative in of itself
  3. One click gets me to the new material

That has to be a better experience for most everyone - doesn't it?

That is one of the differences between TwoBillsDrive and SabreSpace. TBD starts a new thread for everything. Sometimes several threads. Here we tend to recycle old threads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.