Brian Duff and Marty Biron to Take Over The Instigators

Brawndo

Meh. I tuned out of heckle and jeckle many months ago. Maybe Duff and Biron can breath some life back into what should have been a good show. 
If anyone listens to national shows or podcasts that are hockey based, then you know how bad the instigators were. If you don’t listen to anything other than wgr550 personalities … well … 

Just one guys opinion …

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Meh. I tuned out of heckle and jeckle many months ago. Maybe Duff and Biron can breath some life back into what should have been a good show. 
If anyone listens to national shows or podcasts that are hockey based, then you know how bad the instigators were. If you don’t listen to anything other than wgr550 personalities … well … 

Just one guys opinion …

Their show had the feel of what it actually was close to being...listening in on 2 former players shooting the BS about the current team while having a bag of chips or a coffee in one of their living rooms.....with a little 'back in the good old days' when we played thrown in there.   There was certainly SOME serious discussion, but more of it felt like they were trying to invite the listener into their living room.   Now that isn't always a bad thing, but with a 1 hour show maybe they are looking for something a bit more professional/straight shooting.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I remember when Peters announced that the show was going to be reduced to an hour a day instead of the regular two hour show. My impression from listening to him after making that announcement is that he didn't seem too happy with that reduction on air.

Agree. We reduce the time just as hockey season is about to begin. Typical of the way things operate. Maybe they wanted a place for Sal to strut his stuff. If I were Peters I'd be upset as well. This is about the Bills, more Bills and then again more Bills. I'm a Bills fan but enough is enough.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

Agree. We reduce the time just as hockey season is about to begin. Typical of the way things operate. Maybe they wanted a place for Sal to strut his stuff. If I were Peters I'd be upset as well. This is about the Bills, more Bills and then again more Bills. I'm a Bills fan but enough is enough.

I agree.  There is only so much you can say about a Bills game, whether they win or lose. 13 hours or local talk M-F and only 1 hour for the Sabres?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You realize you whipped that scenario up, right?

No.  I’m not sure what you mean actually.  I believe in everything I said. If it created a “scenario” it was unintentional.   

1. They should save money by not paying Rivet and Peters to host but rather pay guys already on contract. 
2. The show will likely be more propaganda-ish because Duff and Marty have another role covering the  games and may be steered to tow the line and promote the party line.  I felt the Rivet and Peters could walk the edge a bit. 
3. Peters and Rivet talked about some controversial things, the latest being “what if Eichel is healthy?” 
4.  I think the Pegula’s are nice people but terrible hockey owners.  Buffalo, with it proximity to Canada, and its hockey history,  should be an attractive place for top line NHL front office people, coaches, and players.  Instead it is far from it.  

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  I’m not sure what you mean actually.  I believe in everything I said. If it created a “scenario” it was unintentional.   

1. They should save money by not paying Rivet and Peters to host but rather pay guys already on contract. 
2. The show will likely be more propaganda-ish because Duff and Marty have another role covering the  games and may be steered to tow the line and promote the party line.  I felt the Rivet and Peters could walk the edge a bit. 
3. Peters and Rivet talked about some controversial things, the latest being “what if Eichel is healthy?” 
4.  I think the Pegula’s are nice people but terrible hockey owners.  Buffalo, with it proximity to Canada, and its hockey history,  should be an attractive place for top line NHL front office people, coaches, and players.  Instead it is far from it.  

Keep in mind that the Instigators was PSE sponsored radio, and Peters and Rivet were Sabres employees in that regard.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Just one guys opinion …

National shows, of course, but compared to some other local sports shows I’ve heard, the Instigators was high art. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

They're horrible? 

Wrong 

28 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Rivet was very boring as it was. Peters was mildly amusing at times. Overall, a fairly lackluster show. 

As much as I like Biron, I have no interest in listening to him and Duff talk fluff for an hour. The name of the show needs to be changed as well. 

The Placaters has a nice ring to it 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Maybe when the team becomes more relevant the air time will increase for the hockey show? The western NY and adjacent Canadian area have been a hockey hotbed. However, the long term irrelevancy of the Sabres has depressed a market that should be very vibrant. I'm confident that if the on ice product improves there will be an increase in the fan interest and coverage of this team. It's going to take time to win the trust of this dwindling fanbase back.  

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

What I meant is you made up a bunch of stuff to rant about. It doesn't matter if you think it's true.

What a bummer. This is a disgusting move. This was the best show on wgr. Peters and Rivet were authentic and had real chemistry. Adding Marty on certain days was great. The three were extremely entertaining despite the hockey team being garbage for ten years. Rob Ray has been on lately—just a fun show. I guess the humor cut too close for Pags. Creating a vanilla show salves the wound right. I now officially have no reason to listen. All day it’s golly gee wiz and Mike (I’m super interesting) Shope—-ugh. Unrelated —-Marty should be hired as an executive for the hockey club. He is bright. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.