Brian Duff and Marty Biron to Take Over The Instigators

Brawndo

If Biron and Duff are already salaried, it costs them nothing to work an extra 5 hours a week... While letting 2 guys go saves them money.

Rivet doesn't need the money, but Peters in all likelihood does. I wonder what he'll do with himself given he wasn't particularly good at being a radio host (nor was he much of a hockey player either). Probably has alimony payments to boot. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

If Biron and Duff are already salaried, it costs them nothing to work an extra 5 hours a week... While letting 2 guys go saves them money.

Rivet doesn't need the money, but Peters in all likelihood does. I wonder what he'll do with himself given he wasn't particularly good at being a radio host (nor was he much of a hockey player either). Probably has alimony payments to boot. 

Peter's worth is 2 million hes fine lol 

I like Duffer and Marty but they are not instigators.  They will not dig deep into any controversial subjects on their own.  

In can be looked at as another cost cutting move.  The Sabres marketing takes another hit.  Two less voices to hear from. I don’t  like it   

Perhaps Rivet and Petey were too controversial for Kim and Terry?   

I really wish they would sell the team to a local interest.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I like Duffer and Marty but they are not instigators.  They will not dig deep into any controversial subjects on their own.  

In can be looked at as another cost cutting move.  The Sabres marketing takes another hit.  Two less voices to hear from. I dint like it   

Yes asking draft players if they wear boxers or briefs is over the top 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No reasons given, but I imagine it’s easier to expand the workload of Biron and Duff to an additional five hours a week, then to pay Rivet and Peters to work a hour per day

It's more than 5 hours of week they'll need to put into that but I'm guessing it's maybe a cost-cutting move? 

I enjoyed Peters and Rivet and I don't like that they're pumping even more Bills content (but I do understand that given the state of both franchises). 

I also thought during the off-season the show should have been trimmed down to 1 hour a day since there was very little going on to discuss. 

Did Peters and Rivet have a final show where they acknowledged it was their last show or is this a sudden happening? 

• Like (+1) 2

A quote from the Athletic article, 

In addition to Peters and Rivet being disappointed about moving to one hour, their contracts expired over the weekend. They decided to move on.

“I offered them new deals,” said Mark Preisler, PSE’s executive vice president for media and content, “and they decided they didn’t want to come back.”

Sounds like PSE doing PSE things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I remember when Peters announced that the show was going to be reduced to an hour a day instead of the regular two hour show. My impression from listening to him after making that announcement is that he didn't seem too happy with that reduction on air.

Peters seemed to talk that he was as surprised as we were with the time slot change so I doubt that there was much discussion.  I do remember Peters saying that their 11am show was ranked pretty well (which surprised me because it's focused entirely on the Sabres and the team has not done well lately).

I think Peters and Rivet were pretty good at being supportive for the Sabres moves.  Rivet was actually a bit too much supportive.  But all in all they were great ambassadors for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

In can be looked at as another cost cutting move.  The Sabres marketing takes another hit.  Two less voices to hear from. I dint like it   

You realize you whipped that scenario up, right?

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.