Kevyn Adams Discloses in his Presser that Eichel is No Longer the Buffalo Sabres Captain

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

So when you said - It's not like the surgery is brand new.... has been successfully performed on Peyton, where you talking about the ADR or the ACDF?  I'm confused.

ACDF, which is the upgrade from standard fusion surgery.  I know Jack wants ADR, but I don’t think it’s FD approved here for use in neck surgery.

• Like (+1) 2

For sure the doctors now know how much healing came from rest and rehab.  They must believe  that they have reached a new decision point.   If rest and rehab did not ger the result they expected then a next step has to happen.  

The Sabres (doctors and FO) are probably just following a logical process.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

For sure the doctors now know how much healing came from rest and rehab.  They must belive that they have reached a new decision point.   If rest and rehab did not ger the result they expected then a next step has to happen.  

The Sabres (doctors and FO) are probably just following a logical process.  

I agree I don’t think this “change” has anything to do with Jack’s agent or a softening of the Sabres position.  It has to do with insurance money and their willingness to explore the best options to get Jack on the ice to avoid a huge claim.

22 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Darren Dreger on the Ray and Dregs Podcast Pat Brisson has made progress with Kevyn Adams regarding Jack having the Artificial Disc Replacement. Jack is seeing doctors on the West Coast it is felt that if these doctors do agree that the ADR is the way to proceed that Jack will have this procedure done. 

52 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I swear, Dreger is useless.

• Like (+1) 7

FYI - FROM USC Spine center https://www.uscspine.com/treatement-options/back-treatment/artificial-disc-replacement-adr/

Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR)

Overview and Indications

Artificial disc replacement (ADR) is newer type of spinal disc procedure that utilizes an anterior (front – through the abdominal region) approach to replace a painful, arthritic, worn-out intervertebral disc of the lumbar spine with a metal and plastic prosthesis (artificial disc). Currently, the artificial disc replacement is only FDA-approved in the United States for use in the lumbar (low back) region, although many products are currently being studied for use in the cervical (neck) region.

Artificial disc replacement is primarily considered for patients with isolated 1-level (one disc only) degenerative disc disease. Prior to the development of ADR, spinal fusion was the principal treatment for painful degenerative disc disease that failed to improve with nonoperative management. ADR is generally NOT recommended for patients with spinal fractures, instability, neurologic compression, or multiple level degenerative disc disease – spinal fusion remains the treatment of choice for these conditions. The advantages of ADR include a faster recovery time than spinal fusion and preserved motion at the disc level. The theoretical long-term advantage of ADR, which remains unproven, is the possibility of decreased adjacent level stress and arthritis compared with spinal fusion.

If ADR isn't FDA approved for neck surgery, why has this even been an issue?  

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

FYI - FROM USC Spine center https://www.uscspine.com/treatement-options/back-treatment/artificial-disc-replacement-adr/

If ADR isn't FDA approved for neck surgery, why has this even been an issue?  

I think that’s old information. Cervical artificial disc replacement was approved in 2007 by the FDA. 

https://www.spine.md/cervical-artificial-disc-replacement/

Edited by K-9

• Brawndo changed the title to Friedman Expects Sabres to Announce Eichel is No Longer Captain
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.