Mid Season Call-Ups

Srw1525

All of the players mentioned in this typo’d titled thread should spend the entire season in Rochester.  I personally don’t think Murray will have the foot speed to ever be a legit NHL forward.  He’s developed about as much as a 23 year old can.  He should get some time with the Sabres to see if he can keep up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Srw1525 said:

After the prospects challenge, is it safe to say at some point this season we will see Quinn, Peterka, and Murray up on the Sabres?

I believe the will be at some point this season. 

and who else would you like to see the Sabres take a look at?

Let's resist the urge to rush the process. That landed us here the last time we tried to take shortcuts. In Don We Trust.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Quinn was underwhelming then injured last year, now he's a center for some reason. I don't think we see him in Buffalo this season at all and maybe not next either.

He got 5 points in 7 games in a checking line role at the WJC. Wasn’t on for a goal against in the entire tournament.

He then got 9 points in 15 games as an underager in the AHL playing with a hernia.

The player picked right in front of him, Alexander Holtz, got 3 points in 5 WJC games and 3 in 10 AHL games. The player picked right after him, Marco Rossi, had 0 points in 4 WJC games and didn’t play pro. The 4th overall pick, Lucas Raymond had 5 points in 5 WJC games and 18 in 34 SHL games. 

Even Mr too-good-to-be-traded-for-Jack-Eichel Quinton Byfield scored at nearly an identical  pace to Quinn in the AHL - 20 points in 32 games.

What were your expectations for Quinn last year?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• nfreeman changed the title to Mid Season Call-Ups
6 hours ago, inkman said:

All of the players mentioned in this typo’d titled thread should spend the entire season in Rochester.  I personally don’t think Murray will have the foot speed to ever be a legit NHL forward.  He’s developed about as much as a 23 year old can.  He should get some time with the Sabres to see if he can keep up.  

Now knowing this season is a wash, do you bring them up for a few games then for experience?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Srw1525 said:

After the prospects challenge, is it safe to say at some point this season we will see Quinn, Peterka, and Murray up on the Sabres?

I believe the will be at some point this season. 

and who else would you like to see the Sabres take a look at?

They looked good, but I do not want to see any of them called up unless they are banging down the door so hard to get a spot with the Sabres that there is no choice.

If they have pretty good or good seasons in Rochester...keep them down there.  I don't want guys that young with the Sabres unless it is to the point they are dominating in Roch so much that they aren't improving much anymore.  Let them play a full season down there, let them become team leaders. Let them have a look at a playoff series or two down there and be a big part of it.

A game or two (or maybe a week) to give them a 'taste' of true NHL play might be a good idea (so they can see a reminder of just what they need to work on to make the NHL), but nothing more than that. 

Edited by mjd1001

23 hours ago, inkman said:

The only way I see him breaking into line up is as a speciality player. Maybe being a force in front of net on PP. But he'd have to be really good at it to take a spot away from a faster player 

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

The player I see being called up and sticking is Peterka. Moving up in the draft to select him will prove to be one of the better hockey decisions this organization has made in a number of years. 

He's going to be a franchise player but i do not want him in buffalo .

Let him Destroy the AHL and world jrs 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He's going to be a franchise player but i do not want him in buffalo .

Let him Destroy the AHL and world jrs 

There is no question that he should start off in Rochester. Even his former coach who gloats over him said the best approach to take in his development would be to start off in the AHL in order to better acclimate to the North American game. 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no question that he should start off in Rochester. Even his former coach who gloats over him said the best approach to take in his development would be to start off in the AHL in order to better acclimate to the North American game. 

He be in the running for rookie of the year ( nhl) but i don't him  near this toxic team Enjoy a winning environment not this crap 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.