Jump to content

Sabres Announce Prospects Challenge September 17-19


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

 

Why? 

Quinn is a very good winger who should play in the NHL as a winger and should be focused on learning how to play in the NHL, not getting distracted by learning how to play a new position.

This is something you might try once he has started to get established and has confidence, in order to grow his game.

It feels more like a whim to address a roster hole than what is best for the player.

Kinda like wasting a 1st-line centre prospect on the wing for 5 years because you had no one else to play with Jack Eichel.

Development is about maximizing a player's skills and I don't think this is what's best for Jack Quinn.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Quinn is a very good winger who should play in the NHL as a winger and should be focused on learning how to play in the NHL, not getting distracted by learning how to play a new position.

This is something you might try once he has started to get established and has confidence, in order to grow his game.

It feels more like a whim to address a roster hole than what is best for the player.

Kinda like wasting a 1st-line centre prospect on the wing for 5 years because you had no one else to play with Jack Eichel.

Development is about maximizing a player's skills and I don't think this is what's best for Jack Quinn.

I think he should be in Rochester this year and if you want him to play center ever you gotta do it then. Personally I don't worry either way because his 2 way game is very good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Quinn is a very good winger who should play in the NHL as a winger and should be focused on learning how to play in the NHL, not getting distracted by learning how to play a new position.

This is something you might try once he has started to get established and has confidence, in order to grow his game.

It feels more like a whim to address a roster hole than what is best for the player.

Kinda like wasting a 1st-line centre prospect on the wing for 5 years because you had no one else to play with Jack Eichel.

Development is about maximizing a player's skills and I don't think this is what's best for Jack Quinn.

I’m not saying it’s a great idea, but it doesn’t feel like a whim to me.

Did the team not say at the 2020 draft that they thought Quinn could even play center?  Didn’t they play him at center a few times in the AHL last season?

To me it feels like the front office has had a consistent view that Jack Quinn might be able to play center NHL.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m not saying it’s a great idea, but it doesn’t feel like a whim to me.

Did the team not say at the 2020 draft that they thought Quinn could even play center?  Didn’t they play him at center a few times in the AHL last season?

To me it feels like the front office has had a consistent view that Jack Quinn might be able to play center NHL.

Wasn't going to go here, but my personal take is that it was an off-hand comment by the hockey department that a certain owner has adopted as a personal interest. This is fueled by my impression of the initial comment when it happened and the fact that Terry went with Adams to Rochester specifically to watch Quinn's debut at centre.

Edited by dudacek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Wasn't going to go here, but my personal take is that it was an off-hand comment by the hockey department that a certain owner has adopted as a personal interest. This is fueled by my impression of the initial comment when it happened and the fact that Terry went with Adams to Rochester specifically to watch Quinn's debut at centre.

Oh no!  What I frightfully plausible idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Almost like the team barely drafted forwards in the last 5 years. 

Where are guys like Costantini, Huglen and Cederqvist?

Any reason why they didn't have a dev camp this summer? 

I understand the draft was later than usual, but other teams pulled it off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Where are guys like Costantini, Huglen and Cederqvist?

Any reason why they didn't have a dev camp this summer? 

I understand the draft was later than usual, but other teams pulled it off. 

North Dakota, Minnesota and Djurgårdens. How does that work if they are in college or playing already oversees? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Curt said:

Jack Quinn is probably going to play C in these games.  One of only 4 players listed as C.

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/326131448/binary-file/file.pdf

This organization is such a tire fire you pass on Lundell and making a winger a center .

 

 Brilliant

Edited by Buffalonill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m not saying it’s a great idea, but it doesn’t feel like a whim to me.

Did the team not say at the 2020 draft that they thought Quinn could even play center?  Didn’t they play him at center a few times in the AHL last season?

To me it feels like the front office has had a consistent view that Jack Quinn might be able to play center NHL.

Yup, remember the draft comment, too. 

The bold may be supported by the fact they passed on Rossi and Lundell, natural centres, at the time as well.  

The Quinn pick hasn't gotten less puzzling overall, but why Adams "passed" on a C might be becoming more clear. 

Edited by Thorny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

""When you ask Jack about players he admires and who he looks at, he can talk about Patrice Bergeron and players like that, so we believe that he has a lot of traits mentally, physically, and competitively that are going to make him a really effective centerman."

Lol. We already have our Bergeron. I see now why they passed on Rossi and Lundell, traded all our good trade chips for packages that didn't include a centre, and refused to draft a centreman of note this year, or why Adams hasn't brought in a centre of note, at all, since taking over - he actually did, it's Jack Quinn. 

Adams was "overwhelmed" by Quinn after taking over for Botts. The Blinding Light reigns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...