Sabres Announce Prospects Challenge September 17-19

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Announce Prospects Challenge September 17-19
11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Who will play for Buffalo? The college players and Europeans will be in their camps.

Depends on the eligibility rules that all the teams agree to.  This could change from year to year. MY guess is the players who turned pro last season, would all be eligible…Samuelsson, Pekar, R2, Laaksonen, UPL, etc…

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Until somebody takes the job from him, he's the starter.

Sure sounds like they are planning on him starting 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/ukko-pekka-luukkonen-has-been-putting-work-in-this-summer

After the Sabres signed Craig Anderson and Dell, Adams said Luukkonen will be given every opportunity in training camp to earn the No. 1 job. Luukkonen said, “I thought I did the best I can to work hard and reach my goal to play in the NHL, so I hope they think well of that and think well about how I played last season.”

Knowing that a job is there to earn, Luukkonen can’t wait to get at it, “Of course it’s exciting and you want to be your best once camp starts, so I’m really excited about it.”

59 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Giving him an opportunity (the same afforded to Dell & Tokarski, too) is not the same as him seizing that opportunity.

Should he look like he did last year AND be handed the starting job, Granato will be well on his way to losing the room.

Does anyone have any insights on the goalies?  UPL we know.  Guzda has been in the OHL with Owen Sound (pretty average numbers or below average).  Another big goalie at 6'5".  Oliver Satny is a Czech goalie that will play this season in the QMJHL for Charlottetown.  He's 6'1".

I just wonder if anyone knows anything else about them, talent wise.

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Glad to see our 4 2021 CHL picks will be taking part.

Excited to see what Quinn and Peterka might show.

And that has to be the most no-name defence corps to ever wear a Sabres jersey.

Well, until well into the 2nd 1/2 of that forwards list, the same could be said about them too.

Maybe the new regime should refrain from (has refrained from?) drafting guys whose last name starts with anything before "L."  (At least beyondbthe 1st round.  😉 )

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.