World Cup 2022 - Qatar

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, sabills said:

I'll take that US Draw. Stealing a point against England would be huge, but they SHOULD beat Iran and whoever comes out of that Euro playoff.

I'm hoping it's Scotland, Wales scares me. England is in a dawn cycle, I think we should be able to advance out of this group. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 7 months later...

I see the warning, but the tournament starts in a week.

I hate myself for being interested in this and wish I could boycot, but I am telling myself that this one was no more corrupt and terrible in every way than any of the others.

GO CANADA!!

MUST WIN!!

I WILL SETTLE FOR SCORING A GOAL!!

I mean, this one is the most brazenly corrupt and terrible one since (checks notes) the last one... ugh.  

Anyway, as long as England embarrass themselves (fans and team) in typical hilarious fashion, then I suppose I'm here for it, though it may make me feel slightly dirtier than usual.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I mean, this one is the most brazenly corrupt and terrible one since (checks notes) the last one... ugh.  

Anyway, as long as England embarrass themselves (fans and team) in typical hilarious fashion, then I suppose I'm here for it, though it may make me feel slightly dirtier than usual.  

I am confident that the English side and fans will not disappoint.  I will not be surprised if they do not make it out of the Group stae.

39 minutes ago, Curt said:

Surprised there isn’t slightly more action in here.

Ill be following the games and watching whenever I can.

I like Germany and Uruguay to go far, but expecting Argentina or Brazil to win.  Hope the USA can advance out of their group.

Many are soured due the host less than shady character and corruption.

All that be damned I love football and hate myself for showing interest in this WC.  Mostly because Canada is in it for the first time in almost forever (1986 Mexico) when they fizzled out.

USA kicks off at 15:00 (my time ... 14:00 EST) this afternoon against Wales.

I expect Brazil to win it all.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Bale saved the Wales on a penalty in the 82'.

Match ended in a 1 -1 draw.

I think the US was hoping for better than this result with England coming up.

This is about I would have expected from the US-Wales matchup.  Disappointing though considering they led until late.

This result keeps the US alive.  A lose would have been disastrous.

16 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

KSA (uugghhh) made Argentina look bad at times.  The D is vulnerable.  I don't know how SA will look against Mexico or Poland, but they looked good today.

I am doubting if Argentina makes it out.  Two wins will be tough for them I think.

Defense and 2/2 on chances/goals.   SA is not that good, Argentina just had not creativity or speed in their game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I expected a slightly better showing from Denmark.  They created 2-3 good chances that could easily been goals but couldn’t finish.

I couldn't watch this one.  I expected a Denmark win in a low scoring match ... 1 - 0 or 2 -1.

4 matches today.

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I couldn't watch this one.  I expected a Denmark win in a low scoring match ... 1 - 0 or 2 -1.

Unfortunately, I am able to watch.  I just tested positive for Covid yesterday afternoon.  Multiply people at work tested positive in the past couple days and I started with a little scratchy throat and minor congestion (nothing that is out of the ordinary for early winter).  Symptoms haven’t really progressed.

Staying home from work is fine, but needing to stay away from my family stinks.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Unfortunately, I am able to watch.  I just tested positive for Covid yesterday afternoon.  Multiply people at work tested positive in the past couple days and I started with a little scratchy throat and minor congestion (nothing that is out of the ordinary for early winter).  Symptoms haven’t really progressed.

Staying home from work is fine, but needing to stay away from my family stinks.

Take care of yourself.

I am planning my entire work week around 3:00 PM (my time) Wednesday afternoon.