Sabres Training Camp Starts September 23rd

Brawndo

47 minutes ago, Digger said:

Does anyone have any insight on what's holding up the Dahlin contract?  My only thoughts are that he may be waiting to see what Quinn Hughes gets from Vancouver as another comparable contract.  Hughes should get more money because he's been better offensively so far in his career.  Miro Heiskanen signed an 8 year deal with a cap hit of $8.45M.  Cale Makar signed 6 years with a cap hit of $9M.  I think most of us feel a shorter deal might be best for Dahlin and hopefully he really takes a step forward this season.  I figure at this point it's just a waiting game with Vancouver and Buffalo and Hughes and Dahlin.  Who signs first?

I would sign Dahlin for 8 years right now.  Longer term in exchange for a bit of a discount.  8 x $60M ... $7.5M AAV.  That should be 4 UFA years.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I would sign Dahlin for 8 years right now.  Longer term in exchange for a bit of a discount.  8 x $60M ... $7.5M AAV.  That should be 4 UFA years.

Yes I would do that.  I would think that short and long term deal options have been laid out for Dahlin.  I just don't understand why the negotiation takes so long.  I'm used to the business world where an offer is made and generally a counter offer and then eventually a deal is made between the two sides unless there's no common ground.

With Dahlin it seems like preliminary offers were made long ago (per Adams comments) and then the two sides try to wait each other out.  Training camp is coming soon.  Comparable contracts signed this off season are available to debate value.  Other than waiting for Hughes to sign and how much he gets it seems to me that there's not much to hold this contract up.  Maybe this week.

13 minutes ago, Digger said:

Yes I would do that.  I would think that short and long term deal options have been laid out for Dahlin.  I just don't understand why the negotiation takes so long.  I'm used to the business world where an offer is made and generally a counter offer and then eventually a deal is made between the two sides unless there's no common ground.

With Dahlin it seems like preliminary offers were made long ago (per Adams comments) and then the two sides try to wait each other out.  Training camp is coming soon.  Comparable contracts signed this off season are available to debate value.  Other than waiting for Hughes to sign and how much he gets it seems to me that there's not much to hold this contract up.  Maybe this week.

He will be signed before training camp.  Are there any other UFAs?

• 2 weeks later...

I love these camp roster sheets the Sabres put together. Each year I take a look to see if any of our top prospects are filling out with muscle to see if they're going to be stable for the 82-game schedule. And also for the joy of "where did they find the data?". Highlight of the day:

Viljami Marjala at the 2021 Sabres prospects camp: 5-11, 154.  Now at the 2021 training camp: 6-0, 178. He put on 28 pounds in about 3 weeks. Tager needs to drink what Viljami's drinking.

• Haha (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I love these camp roster sheets the Sabres put together. Each year I take a look to see if any of our top prospects are filling out with muscle to see if they're going to be stable for the 82-game schedule. And also for the joy of "where did they find the data?". Highlight of the day:

Viljami Marjala at the 2021 Sabres prospects camp: 5-11, 154.  Now at the 2021 training camp: 6-0, 178. He put on 28 pounds in about 3 weeks. Tager needs to drink what Viljami's drinking.

Tage 6'7" 219.

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Are the practices at harbor center open to the public? I wouldn't mind taking a morning off of work and going to check one out as I've never been.

Yes the Harborcenter ones are. 

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

So a handful of NHLers expressing issues with getting vaccinated today.

Are we expecting the Sabres to have any issues?

We will find out during Adams Presser tomorrow, I know they pushed hard to get the majority of the team vaxxed at the end of last season. 

Not that it makes a difference, but it can be inferred that Jack is vaccinated as He was able to go to Montreal for the Biosteel Camp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Quinn will not skate today 

Looks like Saturday was more than a maintenance day then. You are the medical guy, but there is no way he should be anything other than fully recovered from a hernia surgery five months ago, right? Wonder if there is something else going on there.

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

😞.  Did samuelsson play at the prospect challenge?

Limped off after blocking a shot.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Looks like Saturday was more than a maintenance day then. You are the medical guy, but there is no way he should be anything other than fully recovered from a hernia surgery five months ago, right? Wonder if there is something else going on there.

Limped off after blocking a shot.

Given the fact there was an article in July by Lance Lysowski  where Quinn said He was fully ready to go, this is concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, DarthEbriate said:

What you are seeing is the difference between Marjala's last weigh in sometime probably last year and his actual weight at his training camp physical. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.