Rumor: Eichel to have surgery soon

LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't think it was a bluff. I think he saw his preferred procedure as a legitimate option. The problem is that it appears that not only do the Sabres not agree, but none of their possible trade partners agree either.

That's been my thought all along.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, darksabre said:

I'm pretty confident he would go through with it given the opportunity. If there's one thing John cares about it's playing NHL hockey. I really do believe he just wants to be on the ice ASAP and he was hoping everyone else wanted the same thing for him. Turns out that's probably not the case.

Who's John? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think some people think that by using the name John instead of Jack… It’s a disparaging dig or insult to him. I don’t get it personally. Beyond my pay grade 😂

To summarize what was already explained in another thread today:

One poster made a thread for “real Jack news,” to which another poster said “then when should be calling him by his real name,” which happens to be John. 

Ironically, this comment is being posted into another Jack/John rumor thread. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I think some people think that by using the name John instead of Jack… It’s a disparaging dig or insult to him. I don’t get it personally. Beyond my pay grade 😂

I’ve been using John from time to time.  For me, it just really projects a level of formality that I feel appropriately reflects my feelings of distance toward him.  Jack just feels too personal, too friendly.  No thank you, I’ll call that man by the name on his birth certificate.

Also, I’m mostly here for a fun time.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I’ve been using John from time to time.  For me, it just really projects a level of formality that I feel appropriately reflects my feelings of distance toward him.  Jack just feels too personal, too friendly.  No thank you, I’ll call that man by the name on his birth certificate.

Also, I’m mostly here for a fun time.

Sir, are you sure that you’re on the right bus?

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I am using it as a psychological ploy to create emotional distance between Eichel and the Sabres in my brain; I do not mean to disparage him.  Whether or not it is working is above my pay grade.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good Jack, get your surgery that you need, take your time and get healthy.  This noise and ***** needs to end.  Get healthy above and beyond else, all the drama around you being hurt, is pure grade *****.  I might be done with you here as a fan, but I hope you heal.  

I’m not understanding “there must be a trade” worked out. Brisson just started less than a week ago. Doubt things would’ve changed that dramatically. Brisson is probably a smart guy though. What has likely happened is that he knows (and has made Jack realize) that there is no market for an unresolved career-threatening injury for a guy owed $50 million. This is obvious, otherwise he would’ve been traded by now. So, he told Jack to put his big boy pants on and get a procedure done. The quicker he shows that he’s not damaged goods, the quicker he will get out. Sitting on your hands hoping KA would cave was a failed mission. 

• Like (+1) 2