The Sabres, Eichel, NHL and NHLPA had a meeting regarding Jack

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

That’s the truth. People were livid. There were people angry about that up until last year. What changed? The Jags, the worst team in the league, cut Darius and no one picked him up. That’s right, he’s out of the league. Perhaps Beane knew something that posters on TSW didn’t know. 

I don’t remember there being that much anger. Maybe it’s been so long that I’ve forgotten?

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

Any thoughts on how Beane and McDermott would handle this situation with Eichel?

I can only look at their history.  They moved out guys that didn’t have the mindset the wanted, including  star players like Watkins and Dareus.  They brought their kind of players.  They took their lumps all at once - collected draft picks and created cap space.  Then they brought in players that performed and bought in.  

It appears Adams is doing something similar. 

Hockey is a different game, acquiring players that can contribute quickly is harder to do.  Developing the ones you like takes longer too.  

• Like (+1) 1

If Beane were running the Sabres I believe Eichel would’ve been gone, probably for a lesser package than we want but a better package than Adams has been offered so far. Everything I know so far tells me Beane would’ve handled the situation better both internally and externally.

Beane was and is deliberate and seems to know how to build. You don’t build a champion on moldy foundation. It’s time to get the best offer for Jack and move on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

If Beane were running the Sabres I believe Eichel would’ve been gone, probably for a lesser package than we want but a better package than Adams has been offered so far. Everything I know so far tells me Beane would’ve handled the situation better both internally and externally.

Beane was and is deliberate and seems to know how to build. You don’t build a champion on moldy foundation. It’s time to get the best offer for Jack and move on.

Negative ghost rider

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Negative ghost rider

Adams has played this poorly. It’s clear he wants this team to move forward without Eichel and has wanted as much for a long time, possibly the entire time he’s held the job. Eichel doesn’t want to be here and is clearly turning over every stone to force his way out.

The injury was a wrench into the plan and Sabres fans have done a fantastic job trying to suppress what that does to his value. He’s an injured star with a big contract. The dream of the massive package is an unrealistic one. But there should still be good packages out there so I should qualify that assuming reasonable packages are on the table you take the best one and move on.

Being deliberate is a great way to build culture. Adams hasn’t shown the ability to do that just yet.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Unfortunately, it sounds like the offers for Eichel resemble what the Sabres got for ROR. 

The pitchforks would be on fire if that is what the Sabres get for Eichel. 

46 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s been a rough few days but my fever broke and hopefully the rest will follow shortly. Thank you!

I remember the reaction to the Dareus trade being pretty much that it sucked he flamed out and that he had to go. I don’t remember there being a major negative reaction. I remember strong responses on both sides to the Darby and Watkins deals.

Good to "hear."  Hope your recovery is rapid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good to "hear."  Hope your recovery is rapid.

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

What I've read recently is that no team has had access to Eichel's medical records. How can any trade take place without that information made available to other teams. Makes no sense to expect a big offer when the other team doesn't know his medical situation?

The last we heard about this I believe was that no teams have gotten it and that Adams wouldn’t give access unless a team came close to what he was asking. I think that’s a piss poor play on Adams’ part because nobody is going to risk an offer leaking and pissing those players off forever without knowing the medicals fully.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Unfortunately, it sounds like the offers for Eichel resemble what the Sabres got for ROR. 

The pitchforks would be on fire if that is what the Sabres get for Eichel. 

I doubt the offers are around what the Sabres got for O’Reilly. If they are then I’m in the hold him camp but if they’re in the ballpark I think they are I’m ready to move on. I guess I should qualify that I doubt many formal offers have been made, if any. I think it’s more likely Adams has told teams who he wants and teams have told him who he can have and the two lists don’t line up so until they do offers won’t come to fruition. I don’t believe Adams has gotten far with negotiations. But if Adams were serious about making this happen I believe it could end amicably for everyone tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I doubt the offers are around what the Sabres got for O’Reilly. If they are then I’m in the hold him camp but if they’re in the ballpark I think they are I’m ready to move on. I guess I should qualify that I doubt many formal offers have been made, if any. I think it’s more likely Adams has told teams who he wants and teams have told him who he can have and the two lists don’t line up so until they do offers won’t come to fruition. I don’t believe Adams has gotten far with negotiations. But if Adams were serious about making this happen I believe it could end amicably for everyone tomorrow.

Without proof, I think teams made decent offers before the draft and free agency that Sabres fans would’ve been okay with, but now the offers are probably worse with less suitors. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Without proof, I think teams made decent offers before the draft and free agency that Sabres fans would’ve been okay with, but now the offers are probably worse with less suitors. 

This is a possible reality, as well. I would like the reality where this is over. I think the cost of having this weigh over the franchise for a prolonged period of time is higher than the difference in a trade package now and a trade package if you get that little extra that you are holding out for.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is a possible reality, as well. I would like the reality where this is over. I think the cost of having this weigh over the franchise for a prolonged period of time is higher than the difference in a trade package now and a trade package if you get that little extra that you are holding out for.

KA blew his chance, and now he needs to hold until he gets that chance again.

Broken or not, you can’t give Eichel away for peanuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

KA blew his chance, and now he needs to hold until he gets that chance again.

Broken or not, you can’t give Eichel away for peanuts. 

What proof do you have that he blew his chance? No one knows any official offers for Eichel. $10 million a year for a guy with a toxic rep. and a jacked up neck with a flat cap probably means the offers were low. 

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What proof do you have that he blew his chance? No one knows any official offers for Eichel. $10 million a year for a guy with a toxic rep. and a jacked up neck with a flat cap probably means the offers were low. 

Re-read the posts. Follow the conversation.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I think that’s a piss poor play on Adams’ part because nobody is going to risk an offer leaking and pissing those players off forever without knowing the medicals fully.

Eh.  Maybe with the passing of time the herniation is improving; wouldn't you rather that an interested team see's Jack's much improved neck?  It's likely not getting worse anywho.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

But if Adams were serious about making this happen I believe it could end amicably for everyone tomorrow.

I disagree.  It takes two to tango.  We don't know if any team has come even remotely close to KA's ask (or too his minimum take, for that matter).

57 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Without proof, I think teams made lowball offers before the draft and free agency that Sabres fans would not have been okay with, but now the offers are probably worse with less suitors. 

fify

{Without proof you have nothing.)

45 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Re-read the posts. Follow the conversation.

This is how 94% of arguments start here. Pouncing on one comment in a larger conversation and making accusations without considering the context. 

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

fify

{Without proof you have nothing.)

None of us have proof so to provide any form of opinion on the Eichel situation is to do the same AA and I have been doing in a friendly, enjoyable conversation.

31 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I disagree.  It takes two to tango.  We don't know if any team has come even remotely close to KA's ask (or too his minimum take, for that matter).

I guess it’d be in a hypothetical “tonorrow” because I don’t feel confident KA has done the necessary work to get this where it should/needs to go.

There are MANY steps outside of this BUT I do believe imposing a deadline for final offers would have ended this process amicably.

40 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I guess it’d be in a hypothetical “tonorrow” because I don’t feel confident KA has done the necessary work to get this where it should/needs to go.

There are MANY steps outside of this BUT I do believe imposing a deadline for final offers would have ended this process amicably.

And if none of those offers met his minimum?  He would either have to take a crappy return for Jack or have to renege on his deadline and hold out for more.  Both of those are losing situations.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.