Sabres hosting outdoor game in Hamilton Ont.

pastajoe

13 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

I have a feeling within the next 10 years all sabres home games will be played in Hamilton 

I don’t. This is a scare tactic to get Erie county to pay for a joint stadium/arena for the Bills/Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

You keep saying Hamilton is in the Sabres market.  How many Sabres games end up on TV in Hamilton?

Though the NP is within the Sabres geographic territory, it ISN'T their "market."

If Pegula can put a game within the Sabres' geographic territory and make money off it then what's wrong with that? It's one game that will bring in more revenue per game than normal for a franchise that many people report is losing money. (There are many ways of interpreting the finances. I don't want to get into that complicated and murky area.) And what's wrong in trying to cultivate a market that is untapped and within its territory? 

3 hours ago, Curt said:

Money going to the Orchard Park area is infinitely more local than money going to Hamilton Ontario.

For me this directly ties into the issue of pro sports teams and publicly finding their arenas.  The Buffalo area public pays to build these arenas to get/keep these teams.  The payoff is the tourist dollars they attract.

So for me, for the Sabres to pull their largest event of the year out of their home city, it’s just not right.

Its ok if you aren’t very bothered by this.

Pegula, as with most businessmen in every field of endeavor, have as their first priority the financial soundness of their business. If he can have a one game attraction/event outside of his usual market which might expand his market (within his territory) then what is wrong with that? If he was moving more games to Hamilton then I can understand the hostile reaction. In this case it is for only one game. 

I'm not bothered by this proposed game at all. Quite the contrary.  I'm interested in seeing what the attendance will be and what the portion coming from the Toronto market and the Hamilton and Buffalo market. 

Edited by JohnC

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Not sure what you are implying?  Football stadium/hockey arena all under one roof?

Open air!

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

So we are giving away a home game to a division rival?   If we were a competitive contender in our division this would be really stupid.   This is a Money grab.  I hate this.  

The Pegula’s are the worst.  What are they doing?   How does this get the Buffalo fan base back?  

Have you considered this will allow Sabres fans in Canada to see one game??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

How does this thread get to 3 pages in less than a day with no credible source?!?? This is a low day for Sabrespace. Even lower than usual! 🤣

I'm holding my fire bc I can't believe it's true. Haven't they been selling tickets to people for a game in Buffalo?

Dear God.... the Pegulas are getting in on the whole sell your Sabres-Toronto games to help pay for your season tickets. Only in this case they will be looking to fill a large portion of their sales shortfalls with 1 game.

Additionally this might end up being the only game Canadian Sabres fans could even go to.

Likewise I don't see this as them testing the Hamilton market as this is an outdoor game, not one in which they are just using Hamilton's stadium.

As long as this isn't a recurring situation I see nothing wrong with it. Although I do get weary of all these "home games" where the NHL throws Buffalo under the bus by using us to allow more stringent stadiums to get a way with exclusivity deals. 

• Like (+1) 2

Name another team in the past 5 seasons that has prostituted multiple home games the way the Pegula Sabres have? Seriously why not just go all the way and sell as many of our "home" games as possible to Boston, Montreal, Philly, NYR ect? The Pegula Sabres aren't just the toilet of pro hockey they are the toilet of all US/Canadian pro sports.

BTW will fans in Hamilton be able to buy tickets to the game using interest free payment plants?

10 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

How does this thread get to 3 pages in less than a day with no credible source?!?? This is a low day for Sabrespace. Even lower than usual! 🤣

This is a Buffalo Sabres forum.  We discuss all Sabres news and topics.  This topic brought out some passion and frustration.  

How is this a low day?
Why does it matter how big a thread gets?  

For the sake of thread length you don’t even need to answer.  It doesn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm holding my fire bc I can't believe it's true. Haven't they been selling tickets to people for a game in Buffalo?

It's a ticket. Not a blood oath.

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

Name another team in the past 5 seasons that has prostituted multiple home games the way the Pegula Sabres have? Seriously why not just go all the way and sell as many of our "home" games as possible to Boston, Montreal, Philly, NYR ect? The Pegula Sabres aren't just the toilet of pro hockey they are the toilet of all US/Canadian pro sports.

BTW will fans in Hamilton be able to buy tickets to the game using interest free payment plants?

I can only think of one. We're there others I don't know about?

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

This is a Buffalo Sabres forum.  We discuss all Sabres news and topics.  This topic brought out some passion and frustration.  

How is this a low day?
Why does it matter how big a thread gets?  

For the sake of thread length you don’t even need to answer.  It doesn’t matter. 

The low point is getting sucked into passionately discussing a tweet from a single non-credible source.

At this point, it's so much closer to being a hoax than news. It's hook, line, and sinker low. If more sources with more credibility come forward, sure we can call it news, but for now it's just noise from a random twitter account.

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

The low point is getting sucked into passionately discussing a tweet from a single non-credible source.

At this point, it's so much closer to being a hoax than news. It's hook, line, and sinker low. If more sources with more credibility come forward, sure we can call it news, but for now it's just noise from a random twitter account.

No one is sucking you into a topic that you consider to be bogus. You are partaking because you chose to do so. There is a simple solution to your aggravation: Don't respond to the topic you find questionable. By responding you are increasing the responses. It's like a person who repeatedly goes to a restaurant he doesn't like in order to complain about another meal he just consumed. Avoidance is the solution. There are plenty of other topics on the proverbial menu that you can comment on.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No one is sucking you into a topic that you consider to be bogus. You are partaking because you chose to do so. There is a simple solution to your aggravation: Don't respond to the topic you find questionable. By responding you are increasing the responses. It's like a person who repeatedly goes to a restaurant he doesn't like in order to complain about another meal he just consumed. Avoidance is the solution. There are plenty of other topics on the proverbial menu that you can comment on.

Nope... I'm here to save Sabrespace from itself. 

spiderman love GIF by Oggy and the Cockroaches

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.