Sabres hosting outdoor game in Hamilton Ont.

pastajoe

On 8/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, Pimlach said:

A terrible practice that is now common for fans a bottom feeder.  I remember when a Leafs game ticket was golden.  They always had a large contingent of fans in the Aud anyway, but never close to a majorly and the thought of selling Your Leafs Game ticket to their fans was just a foreign concept.  

The pride in this team has been sucked out.  It’s sad.  I hate this idea of giving away a home game.  Just like the Bills playing “home” games in Toronto.  

Loyalty, Honor and Tradition.  Do they matter any more? 

Just like Sabres fans do to every southern NHL franchise.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:07 AM, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I have no problem with this game.  There are plenty of Sabre fans in Southern Ontario, especially Niagara, which technically starts in Hamilton.  I bet there are more Sabre fans in Hamilton than Leaf fans.  Hamiltonians hate everything about The Great Satan.

Nah, I grew up there. It's all Leafs and Habs with a small smattering of Sabres fans and others. A few more Sabres fans in St. Catherines though as you move towards Buffalo and they will go to it as well. 

If they're smart though they'd make it Dave Anreychuk day. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nah, I grew up there. It's all Leafs and Habs with a small smattering of Sabres fans and others. A few more Sabres fans in St. Catherines though as you move towards Buffalo and they will go to it as well. 

If they're smart though they'd make it Dave Anreychuk day. 

That's a great idea to honor Andreychuk during this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/26/2021 at 8:01 AM, steveoath said:

Any pics of new jerseys for this yet?

There were some prototypes but I haven't seen the real ones yet, unless I have and didn't realize it. I don't think they've been released yet. 

Does anyone have any info on the release?

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:
On 8/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, Pimlach said:

A terrible practice that is now common for fans a bottom feeder.  I remember when a Leafs game ticket was golden.  They always had a large contingent of fans in the Aud anyway, but never close to a majorly and the thought of selling Your Leafs Game ticket to their fans was just a foreign concept.  

The pride in this team has been sucked out.  It’s sad.  I hate this idea of giving away a home game.  Just like the Bills playing “home” games in Toronto.  

Loyalty, Honor and Tradition.  Do they matter any more? 

Just like Sabres fans do to every southern NHL franchise.

Just like Habs and Leafs games in Detroit (even during their Stanley Cup years).  It just comes with the territory of being a border city.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.