Eichel is changing Agents will be represented by Pat Brisson

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Quick question, does Hamilton have any previous beef with Eichel? I know Hamilton and Reinhart had a feud of sorts but Hamilton never seemed to make hit pieces or comments on Eichel. 

As such while I’d take this with a grain of sand I could certainly see his report being at least somewhat accurate. 

Frankly, no idea. But he's shown that he'll report things to fit his agenda, and something along the lines of "Jack doesn't bleed blue and gold enough" seems like something that he'd start reporting anything that makes Jack look bad. And that's easy pickings with Jack's behavior.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Frankly, no idea. But he's shown that he'll report things to fit his agenda, and something along the lines of "Jack doesn't bleed blue and gold enough" seems like something that he'd start reporting anything that makes Jack look bad. And that's easy pickings with Jack's behavior.

Language. 

30 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Quick question, does Hamilton have any previous beef with Eichel? I know Hamilton and Reinhart had a feud of sorts but Hamilton never seemed to make hit pieces or comments on Eichel. 

As such while I’d take this with a grain of sand I could certainly see his report being at least somewhat accurate. 

I think Hamilton dislikes most of the Sabres players because he's a tool.

It's this anything?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I think Hamilton dislikes most of the Sabres players because he's a tool.

As much as people seem to say this I don't see it myself. It's their job to ask questions not be a ego booster for players. Frankly ,in my opinion, Hamilton is more knowledgeable than most Buffalo media types.

• Like (+1) 3

I have at times grown weary of what seemed like an agenda on Hamilton's part. That said, the team has stunk for a long while now -- is it wrong for a beat reporter to have strong views regarding a sh1t team/franchise?

One thing I can relate based on a single degree of separation: Hamilton is good people. A super solid dude.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lol - when did this become a thing?

I started it in that thread PA started about "real news" for Eichel. It was a joke about how, in that thread, he should only be referred to by his "real name". 

I regret it.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lol - when did this become a thing?

You will see any number of variations of John, but not Jack from many, well some, would you believe a few, of us.

The use of Jackass is exempt, of course.  As is Jackie Boy.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I started it in that thread PA started about "real news" for Eichel. It was a joke about how, in that thread, he should only be referred to by his "real name". 

I regret it.

Why do you regret it?

It's one of the best posts you ever posted here.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
goodly typing made more goodly ...

Just now, Thorny said:

It's actually hilarious because if you read that thread beginning to end (it's short), it basically serves one purpose and it's the creation of a SS meme, up to and including the OP using it in a post towards the end

PA locked it after only one day, or something.

How far has it drifted?

4 hours ago, Radar said:

As much as people seem to say this I don't see it myself. It's their job to ask questions not be a ego booster for players. Frankly ,in my opinion, Hamilton is more knowledgeable than most Buffalo media types.

I agree. Is he perfect as a reporter? No, but he is going to be disliked by some fans because he will criticize a player, often times that player is one that people are fans of.

Does he slant his reporting/opinions? Maybe, but I don't think he just makes stuff up.  So even if his reporting is slanted, you can read between the lines and find some truth in it.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree. Is he perfect as a reporter? No, but he is going to be disliked by some fans because he will criticize a player, often times that player is one that people are fans of.

Does he slant his reporting/opinions? Maybe, but I don't think he just makes stuff up.  So even if his reporting is slanted, you can read between the lines and find some truth in it.

“He doesn’t just make things up.”  Uselessly low bar for evaluating a reporter.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

When was the last time Paul Hamilton broke a story? He's so close to the Sabres, you'd think he'd stumble onto a scoop at least once. I'm sorry. He's a terrible interviewer and his takes are weak.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Radar said:

I agree.  From my view the hate for Hamilton started right about the time this team began losing on purpose.  The fans were bought in on the idea and Hammy saw it as the wrong strategy and was very loudly arguing against it.  Add in the flaws he saw and was very vocal about in regards to the TankFruit and the hatefest began in earnest.

I just simply think Hammy was an iconoclast and took the direct hits for sticking to it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When was the last time Paul Hamilton broke a story? He's so close to the Sabres, you'd think he'd stumble onto a scoop at least once. I'm sorry. He's a terrible interviewer and his takes are weak.

That still doesn't discount what I was saying....that If he just doesn't make up stuff out of the blue, then there would be some truth to what he says.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, MattPie said:

Based on that other info that Fish was still Eichel's agent at that meeting with NHL, NHLPA, etc. last week, so it's easy to make a leap that something happened there that caused Fish to be canned. There are a lot of things that could be, Eichel wants to dig in on surgery but Fish told him it's not going to happen, Eichel is tired and wants to heal up and play and Fish is still trying to force a trade, Fish was a giant jerk of something and Eichel wants someone more seasoned, etc.

I don’t have much info but the league (Bettman) wanted it gone. One way or another, is was the other.

On 8/31/2021 at 3:26 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

He has the most annoying habit of answering his own questions as he asks them, which really attempts to box in his interview subject. It’s almost dishonest. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.