• April 16 (Sat. at 7) Flyers
    • April 20 (Wed. at 7) Senators
    • April 23 (Sat. at 12:30) Isles
    • April 29 (Fri. at 7) Hawks
    • Last playoff game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

April Fool's Day? Odd choice but at least there will be a day. 

If I were them I would honor him that night and then have him in the booth with Dunleavy in a true passing of the torch kind of way. Let Rick regale us with all his best stories during the game while Dan calls the (likely) dull game.

maybe get Brad May to come in and give him some sort of trophy/award/portrait/thing in that ceremony. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

If I were them I would honor him that night and then have him in the booth with Dunleavy in a true passing of the torch kind of way. Let Rick regale us with all his best stories during the game while Dan calls the (likely) dull game.

maybe get Brad May to come in and give him some sort of trophy/award/portrait/thing in that ceremony. 

I am hoping against hope Patty buries the hatchet with the Pegulas for a night and shows up because really the RJ LALALALALAFONTAINE call is a big reason they retired his number. Also: Retire #51 for RJ.

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not a bad idea to be honest, but a "passing of the torch" to Dan F-ing Dunleavy makes me kind of sick to my stomach.

The moment RJ retires we are going to need to start working on the "move on from Dunleavy" campaign.

I have always had no problem tolerating him while RJ remained the main man, but when it's all Dunleavy, all the time, we are going to have trouble.

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am hoping against hope Patty buries the hatchet with the Pegulas for a night and shows up because really the RJ LALALALALAFONTAINE call is a big reason they retired his number. Also: Retire #51 for RJ.

Ya, well La la la and May Day are the 2 big ones so I suggested May cause I think he's a colour broadcaster now and LaFontaine and the Pegulas ain't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Not a bad idea to be honest, but a "passing of the torch" to Dan F-ing Dunleavy makes me kind of sick to my stomach.

The moment RJ retires we are going to need to start working on the "move on from Dunleavy" campaign.

I have always had no problem tolerating him while RJ remained the main man, but when it's all Dunleavy, all the time, we are going to have trouble.

I hear ya, but he is the guy with the job so you pass the torch to him (for now) whether you like it or not. 

In fairness, he's not the worst when you listen to other teams. Nowhere near the worst. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

In fairness, he's not the worst when you listen to other teams. Nowhere near the worst. 

Dunleavy has a good voice, and I know I'm in the minority but I actually like his silly banter with Ray as well.

As I've said many times before, he's just not good technically. I listen to a lot of games from the car and it's nearly impossible to know what's going on. 

Also, as a local broadcaster it'd be nice if he had a little more old school passion for the team. I know he cut his teeth doing national broadcasts where you have to be neutral. But, a local announcer should be the number one guy rallying the fans... Just like RJ! 😢 

Edited by JoeSchmoe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.