Confirmed Owen Power returning to Michigan for His Sophomore Season

Brawndo

9 hours ago, inkman said:

Sabres Twitter?  Hockey Twitter.  If you know you know. Otherwise you are like 100 years old.  I’ll be aged out soon enough when the kids are using Crotch Itch or whatever they call the next social media app. 

I tried out Crotch Itch. Butt Scratch was much better. 

• Haha (+1) 2

The only issue I really have is that we are basically burning the 1st year of his ELC just like we did with Mitts.  He'll play the season with Michigan and then sign once the season ends and it could be very late depending on how far Michigan goes in the Frozen Four.  He'll then play out the season in Buffalo.  Had he signed now, we'd have him for the full season and guide his development directly and get the full benefit of his initial contract.

History has shown that the "burn a year" thing is pretty much inevitable for high-profile guys coming out of college.

Personally I think Power is better off dominating college this year than learning the NHL in Buffalo, but either way it's "blowing" the first year of control on a development year.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.