OT: What Is Your Dream Car?

Andrew Amerk

54 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dying on a bike would be bad, but what really worried me was becoming paralyzed. That just terrifies me. 

Oh yeah that would suck! I have some good friends/colleagues that would slip me a little something if that instance arose, I could probably handle being in a wheelchair after some time of grief, but a Quadrapalegic would be tragic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

i have so many in no order

1950 olds 88

1950-oldsmobile-rocket-88

1979 ford bronco

s-l1600-8-8.jpg

ford gt race car

ford-gt-racing-program-comes-to-a-close_

renault 5 rally car

Renault-5-Turbo-10-1600x1067.jpg

Autobianchi A112

Autobianchi-A112-Abarth-70-HP-1982_15986

You have good taste my friend.

You wanna make your Renault 5 dreams come true? I can get you halfway there lol 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/539994077049115/

• Haha (+1) 1

I've never driven one - but i always liked roadsters and that newer AMG GT looks sick.  I think I'll probably settle for a MX5 as a 2nd car in a few years though.  The new ones have a bit boosted HP, and are still light as a feather.  I figure I'd buy used if and when i can afford to own a car simply for fun.  Maybe I'll see if northtown has one i can mess around with despite having 0 interest in adding a 3rd car payment 😁

On 8/14/2021 at 6:04 PM, SwampD said:

For a large part of my life, my dream car was a Ford F-150. I’ve now had one for 10+ years. The shine is off, but I still really like it. I just don’t need a truck anymore.

My favorite all time vehicle?... wait for it,... Mercury Villager minivan. I love minivans. I wish they were cooler so my wife would let me get another one. Someone needs to make some sort of SUMV (sport utility minivan). I would buy one in a heartbeat.

My dream car now is probably a Dodge Durango. I can put gear in it, sleep in it, and I think it’s the same motor they put in the Daytonas so my wife will think it’s cool.

While I hate driving my Sienna, it just feels ponderous, if you set up your lines really well it'll hustle OK. Fast enough to be annoyed by slow-pokes on Harleys on a twisty road (AMHIK). Chevy had an SUV-looking van for awhile, but I don't think it sold well.

Never really did dream cars. While I spend a decade or two loving cars and reading things, dreaming, it's still a tool in the end. So I've owned my two dream cars, 2002 WRX and 2011 WRX. Four doors (although if I bought another it'd be a hatch), practical, good in snow. And I riot to drive on just about any road. Next car will likely be an Outback to eventually replace the van, or an electric for non-trip driving.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, darksabre said:

You have good taste my friend.

You wanna make your Renault 5 dreams come true? I can get you halfway there lol 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/539994077049115/

Haha. Not quite close enough. The le car version is lacking the rear engine turbo with 300hp.

There was a red turbo2 one in Florida for sale a couple years ago. i think it was 15k or something, but it looked rough. I think it was a gray market car.

I also saw an autobianchi abarth for sale on ebay for the 20k. Perfect shape. I wish I had an extra 20k laying around. i would have snatched it right up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Haha. Not quite close enough. The le car version is lacking the rear engine turbo with 300hp.

There was a red turbo2 one in Florida for sale a couple years ago. i think it was 15k or something, but it looked rough. I think it was a gray market car.

I also saw an autobianchi abarth for sale on ebay for the 20k. Perfect shape. I wish I had an extra 20k laying around. i would have snatched it right up

Come on, you just gotta do a drivetrain swap!

And then fix all the hidden rust you can't see in the pictures. And cage it. And...

1970 Dodge Challenger 426 4-Speed Convertible.  One of five.  Approximate valuation $1.4M, maybe more.  440's are a little more attainable at $265k for concours and 65 produced.

Might have to settle with a T/A 340 SixPak 4-Speed Hardtop in Go Mango (~$140k for concours, ~$84k for good condition).

I'll be happy with my 09 6.1L 6-Speed for a while.

27 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

1970 Dodge Challenger 426 4-Speed Convertible.  One of five.  Approximate valuation $1.4M, maybe more.  440's are a little more attainable at $265k for concours and 65 produced.

Might have to settle with a T/A 340 SixPak 4-Speed Hardtop in Go Mango (~$140k for concours, ~$84k for good condition).

I'll be happy with my 09 6.1L 6-Speed for a while.

You and I seem to have similar tastes, although yours is of laser focus.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

You and I seem to have similar tastes, although yours is of laser focus.

Agreed.  If I'm dreaming and/or spending large dollars, I'll be exactingly particular if possible.  Being detail-oriented is part of my work, and I tend to carry that through to other aspects of my life, including hobbies.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Agreed.  If I'm dreaming and/or spending large dollars, I'll be exactingly particular if possible.  Being detail-oriented is part of my work, and I tend to carry that through to other aspects of my life, including hobbies.

I tend to be laser focused on the hobbies I have that don't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, like whiskey. I can't afford to be that narrow minded on a car.  I'd be fortunate to end up with a common one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.