How good will Sam Reinhart be in the playoffs?

LGR4GM

How good or bad will Sam Reinhart be in the playoffs?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How good or bad will Sam Reinhart be in the playoffs?

• Good, he will sustain or increase his ppg numbers from the regular season in the playoffs
    • Mediocre, he will almost sustain his ppg numbers from the regular season but we will see a minimal falloff
    • Bad, he will not come close to maintaining his ppg numbers from the regular season as the physical and fast playoffs make him useless

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/2022 at 03:59 AM

I think Sam Reinhart is a player with a very high hockey sense and it will continue into the playoffs where he will be very good for the Panthers.  I had previously said in other threads that I thought Reinhart had the most hockey sense of any Sabre on last season's roster.  Good luck to him but it's time for Sabres fans to move on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Since he isn't a Sabre I will go with option 4 ... 'doesn't matter'.

He is a very good player, so I think he will be very good in the playoff.  I also agree with @nfreeman and think there will be an adjustment period for him to get used to the different play during playoff hockey.

I don't think Sam will be useless but he will struggle to get used to playoff hockey.

I think he'll have some moments and make some plays because he is willing to go to the dirty areas but I don't believe he will be as successful as the regular season because of what teams can get away with in the playoffs. 

I would have said the same thing if he was still in Buffalo as well. 

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Who had the "Enduring tortures, most of which rhyme" sig?

@shrader, who has disappeared again some time ago.  He's been like the wind these last several years.  Blowing out for awhile and then blowing back in for a while and now blowing back out.  I think he will blow back in at some point.  This gin joint is just like The Godfather ... just when we think we are out we get dragged back in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@shrader, who has disappeared again some time ago.  He's been like the wind these last several years.  Blowing out for awhile and then blowing back in for a while and now blowing back out.  I think he will blow back in at some point.  This gin joint is just like The Godfather ... just when we think we are out we get dragged back in.

Man I forgot about shrader. Miss him he was great

• Like (+1) 2

With the Panthers already down by one game in the opening round series, Kucherov will throw snow in the face of rookie goalie Spencer Knight as he puts the Lightning up by 2.

Sam will skate in, gloves dropping, and teach the cocky Russian to show some respect. Bogosian will try to get revenge. Sam will drop him too.

He will then set up Huberdeau to get the Panthers within one, Ekblad to tie things up, then win it on an end-to-end rush in overtime.

By mid-June he will have shut down Vegas Golden Knight star Jack Eichel completely in the final, pumping 6 goals past Robin Lehner in the process to break Reggie Leach's playoff record with 21, dropped the f-bomb while sipping Macallan in his Conn Smythe acceptance speech, and skate off into the sunset with Kate Upton draped on his arm, becoming the first NHL player to ever trend on TikTok.

I'm glad you asked.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sam will be good in the playoffs but like most players will have a slight drop in production.

He will only be in Florida for two years and be a deadline trade candidate for his UFA season.

I think Florida will be a playoff team for the two years and he may end up on a bubble team in western Canada.

Over the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, goal scoring goes down about 15% because shots drop between 5-10% and save percentages go up.  Therefore, his scoring will decrease a bit -- like it does for virtually everyone else.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

I'm glad you asked.

^ This is my favorite response.

I will add that Samson Reinhart will be fine (in the playoffs).

He'll throw a check or two his first shift while everyone else doing the same, then settle into his usual good-vision, park-by-the-net and deflect-a-goal, game. Probably have a game-winning goal, probably lose defensive coverage badly on a goal, but overall be a net positive influence on a good Panthers roster in the opening round. I definitely don't see him folding or backing down come playoff time, just as he was often the only guy to stick up for Eichel when anyone took a run at him (as opposed to say, Casey Nelson). Don't know if his contributions will be enough to get by Tampa in the first round, but it would be enough to get by Toronto.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.