Jump to content

Forwards This Season 2021-22


GASabresIUFAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Biro sent down and AJF waived.  JJP still up.  Hayden and Eakin still in Buffalo.

Forwards still in camp 

Guys making the roster (11): Asplund, Mitts, KO, VO, Thompson, Caggiula, Girgensons, Hinostroza, R2, Bjork, and Skinner.

Guys possibly on the bubble (4):  Hayden, Eakin, Cozens, and JJP.

I'd like them to keep everyone but Eakin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Biro sent down and AJF waived.  JJP still up.  Hayden and Eakin still in Buffalo.

Forwards still in camp 

Guys making the roster (11): Asplund, Mitts, KO, VO, Thompson, Caggiula, Girgensons, Hinostroza, R2, Bjork, and Skinner.

Guys possibly on the bubble (4):  Hayden, Eakin, Cozens, and JJP.

I'd like them to keep everyone but Eakin. 

They pretty much have to send Peterka down. Roster has to set tomorrow and they didn’t waive Eakin or Hayden. The only way to get to 23 is sending a waiver exempt player down or making a trade. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They pretty much have to send Peterka down. Roster has to set tomorrow and they didn’t waive Eakin or Hayden. The only way to get to 23 is sending a waiver exempt player down or making a trade. 

Cozens could be sent down as well.  Bryson also I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

I highly doubt they’re sending Cozens down, and if they send Bryson downs they’d only have 6 D. 

Really doubt Bryson goes down either, but they have plenty of time to make moves before their opener on Thursday should they be short a D-man or whatever tomorrow.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Tage at center is a friggin joke.  Shame on Adams for handing Granato this heaping steaming pile of crap.

Pretty sure you are talking in big picture terms here. Looking at the pile of crap though, I thought he looked good there in the preseason and got better as the games progressed.

From listening to Donnie, Id be surprised if he’s not at centre opening night.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the final roster and my best guess of the lines based on what we’ve seen in camp

  • Skinner Mittelstadt Hinostroza
  • Bjork Cozens Olofsson
  • Asplund Thompson Ruotsalainen
  • Caggiula Girgensons Okposo
  • Hayden Eakin

The Mitts line is pretty set I think, Donnie wants Girgs at centre and I think he’ll reunite Kyle with him.

Tage looks like he’ll stay at centre for a while and I think Cozens/Oli will get a chance to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was the lineup in practice:

53 Jeff Skinner - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 29 Vinnie Hinostroza
74 Rasmus Asplund - 72 Tage Thompson - 71 Victor Olofsson
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 20 Cody Eakin - 21 Kyle Okposo
96 Anders Bjork - 24 Dylan Cozens - 91 Drake Caggiula
77 JJ Peterka - 25 Arttu Ruotsalainen - 15 John Hayden

Casey is the 1C, Eakin is the checking line C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This was the lineup in practice:

53 Jeff Skinner - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 29 Vinnie Hinostroza
74 Rasmus Asplund - 72 Tage Thompson - 71 Victor Olofsson
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 20 Cody Eakin - 21 Kyle Okposo
96 Anders Bjork - 24 Dylan Cozens - 91 Drake Caggiula
77 JJ Peterka - 25 Arttu Ruotsalainen - 15 John Hayden

Casey is the 1C, Eakin is the checking line C

Why does seemingly every coach post Ruff have a need to play a Sobotka?

If those top 4 are the lines they run with on Thursday, ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll reserve judgement until Thursday, but the line combos posted above are well stupid.  Hayden with JJP and R2? Really.  Eakin even playing.

Using what they listed, I think this makes much more sense.

Skinner Mitts Hinostroza

Bjork R2 Cozens

Asplund Thompson VO

Caggiula Girgensons KO

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

So the final roster and my best guess of the lines based on what we’ve seen in camp

  • Skinner Mittelstadt Hinostroza
  • Bjork Cozens Olofsson
  • Asplund Thompson Ruotsalainen
  • Caggiula Girgensons Okposo
  • Hayden Eakin

The Mitts line is pretty set I think, Donnie wants Girgs at centre and I think he’ll reunite Kyle with him.

Tage looks like he’ll stay at centre for a while and I think Cozens/Oli will get a chance to happen.

I'd really like to have a quality forward with Girgs and Okposo. Skinner would work. I think he might do well with them. JJ would have been nice there, IMO, but I get sending him down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'll reserve judgement until Thursday, but the line combos posted above are well stupid.  Hayden with JJP and R2? Really.  Eakin even playing.

Using what they listed, I think this makes much more sense.

Skinner Mitts Hinostroza

Bjork R2 Cozens

Asplund Thompson VO

Caggiula Girgensons KO

 

Yes I like that mix better.  I imagine that we'll see many combos this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GASabresIUFAN changed the title to Forwards This Season 2021-22
On 8/12/2021 at 1:41 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

 

Based on who is here today I'd project a lineup like this

Asplund Mitts Olofsson

Skinner R2 Thompson

Bjork Cozens Okposo

Girgensons Eakin Hinostroza

Caggiula

 

I guess this roster wasn't hard to project after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

Its rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking ship.  It doesn’t matter in the end.

Look I'm not exactly a cheerleader for the squad KA created, but I'm hopeful they'll play hard each night with DG as coach and they'll out play their preseason ranking.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...