Reinhart signs with FLA: 3 @ $6.5M

Brawndo

46 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

3 years. Anyone question him being impossible to please on contract now?

No it's a good deal for Sam Reinhart and shows that he is committing to the Panthers.  3 years also allows him to try for a contract with Vancouver in the future should he want the chance to play in his home town with the Canucks.

I wish we would have or could have kept him with the Sabres but it is what it is at this point.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Florida Panthers have given newly acquired forward Sam Reinhart a three-year contract, with multiple reports saying it carries an average annual value of $6.5 million.

This makes me sad.

He wasn't signing here for twice that. Good, bad or indifferent to what the Sabres have done he wanted to move on. He believes he's in a good place and signed for less than market value.. Good for Sam.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Well done by Florida, not paying Reinhart into his 30s when he's going to drop off like a stone. Let the next idiot give him that contract. I'm amazed they got him for that aav but the term is the most impressive. 3 affordable years, try to win, then wave goodbye.

Reinhart also did very well for himself.

Fair value now, UFA at 28 after the flat cap ends and after padding his stats and his reputation on what should be a good Florida team.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

He wasn't signing here for twice that. Good, bad or indifferent to what the Sabres have done he wanted to move on. He believes he's in a good place and signed for less than market value.. Good for Sam.

I realize he would never sign here for more than the year he owed as a RFA.  While he was here though he was my favorite player.  Maybe I'll go to the game when the Panthers come here to play Dallas and wear his jersey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.