Assuming No Deal, Do You Expect Jack To Show Up To Camp?

bob_sauve28

The surgery thing is the X factor. I don't know how insurance policies would work if Eichel gets his way on the disc replacement. I do know that Eichel's agents played the pressure card with the statement that there was an tacit agreement to move him, I think that backfired on him especially with the way they played Friedman. Adams does hold the cards if he has successful surgery, rehab and what not. Adams ought to call the agents bluff... Tell them to retract the no movement clause for the next 3 years. He's healthy trade him, but... the team he's traded to should have the freedom to move him for the 2-3 time frame after the Sabres move him, in case he pouts again or a new contract is in place with said team. Play that card to agents knowing Adams doesn't have to move him on Eichel's agents terms, if he wants out that bad, then waive the NMC...

Edited by Standing Room Smoking Cigs
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

The surgery thing is the X factor. I don't know how insurance policies would work if Eichel gets his way on the disc replacement. I do know that Eichel's agents played the pressure card with the statement that there was an tacit agreement to move him, I think that backfired on him especially with the way they played Friedman. Adams does hold the cards if he has successful surgery, rehab and what not. Adams ought to call the agents bluff... Tell them to retract the no movement clause for the next 3 years. He's healthy trade him, but... the team he's traded to should have the freedom to move him for the 2-3 time frame after the Sabres move him, in case he pouts again or a new contract is in place with said team. Play that card to agents knowing Adams doesn't have to move him on Eichel's agents terms, if he wants out that bad, then waive the NMC...

Welcome!!

Sent you a beer.

I remember the smoking section in the Aud.  Man, have times ever changed.  Probably for the better in this case.

Nice post.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

I'm not worried about the NMC. If he gets his health back and regains his form then his value will exponentially increase. If a team that he doesn't want to go to makes the best offer and refuses to go there then keep him. Jack clearly wants out. I'm confident that there are few places he wouldn't want to go to rather than staying here. I just don't see that limiting clause being so limiting. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Indabuff said:

How do NHL player numbers work?  Can a team assign a number?  Say maybe like...oh I don't know...0?

No, the NHL took 0 and 00 out of circulation prior to the 1996-97 Season.

Interestingly the last player to wear 00 in the NHL was Marty Biron 

14 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I have no idea but if DG let’s him keep the C (if he does come back and is playing) then he is either not the coach I think he is, or the Pegula’s really do run the show. Don’t want to hear about stripping it impacting his trade value either, the whole league knows he’s not a leader. He’s a highly skilled PPG 1C. 

I'm totally confused why you would think the Pegula's would want to have him keep the captaincy.

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

Pretty sure that Jack is physically unable to perform.

Also pretty sure that Kevyn Adams has moved on from Jack and would rather he not be a distraction.

Jack will do whatever's required of him by his contract (not that it matters, but people probably don't remember he said as much on locker room cleanout day) but he will almost certainly be put on IR and asked to stay away.

Separately, we are fast approaching the point where Adams will have to change tactics and wait until Jack is healthy to make the trade.

He has a player who needs a medical procedure in order to play. Both sides have agreed to put that off until a trade can be made, but since he hasn't made the trade he will have to make a decision. Jack won't let him put it off indefinitely.

He either agrees to Jack's chosen surgery, or it goes to arbitration.

I agree, asked to stay away, I wonder then if there'd be any kind of issue getting him on the ice for his showcase, once healthy then?

Getting him back in there after asking him not not be around will be pretty distracting, I'd imagine

Absolutely he shows up. He has to pass or fail a physical, so he'll be at camp at least for a couple days.

His trade value is nil until he plays and shows himself healthy, so he either gets surgery and LTIRs it, or he passes the physical and returns to the Sabres lineup with the goal of getting his trade value back where it should be. No sane GM would meet GMSheevyn's current demands for Jack's contract and upcoming NMC without seeing if he'll be capable of playing again. And Adams shouldn't lower his trade demands for Eichel. Jack Eichwalker can live out the Tank Sabres dream of the goalies before him: play well and get teleported off this rock.

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I bet they take the C off him 

I don't think they will if he plays, but I can't see him playing at the start of the season.  Not for the Sabres and it doesn't look like he will be traded soon enough for him to be ready for the start of the season.

If he does not play, but is not traded, he will relinquish the 'C' voluntarily or otherwise.  Baring unforseen situations I believe KO will wear the 'C' for the Sabres for this coming season and as long as he is a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think they will if he plays, but I can't see him playing at the start of the season.  Not for the Sabres and it doesn't look like he will be traded soon enough for him to be ready for the start of the season.

If he does not play, but is not traded, he will relinquish the 'C' voluntarily or otherwise.  Baring unforseen situations I believe KO will wear the 'C' for the Sabres for this coming season and as long as he is a Sabre.

Yeah they’re not gonna do some dramatic “rip the C off of Eichel“ move. There’s no NEED to be dramatic about it. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, Zamboni said:

Yeah they’re not gonna do some dramatic “rip the C off of Eichel“ move. There’s no NEED to be dramatic about it. 

Jack Eichel will be branded, just like in the olden days …

It’s not as if a hockey team needs a captain. We’d be better off without one than with Jack “I need to do what’s best for me” Eichel.

Imagine him as the captain of a sinking ship, barging past women and children and hopping in the dinghy and abandoning ship. Lol no thanks. We sure do need the PPG 1C aspect of his game, but his captaincy we do not.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:37 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

He's not getting traded until he is healthy and playing.  He knows this, the Sabres know this and so does every team in the NHL.  The only question is how do we get him healthy and back on the ice.  Jack says experimental procedure and the Sabres and their insurance policy say traditional fusion surgery. 

I wouldn't say it's exactly experimental surgery, as it's been around for at least 20 years. I'm more inclined to go with a surgery with uncharted territory in the NHL. 

I get the reason he wants it, and not the fusion, as the chances of a prolonged career, without another surgery are greater. 

With that said, he'll show up and complete his physical and that will be the deciding factor. 

I'm so ready to be done with this subject. Ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.