Nathan Mackinnon sounds like jack eichel

Buffalonill

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If Jack was so bad you would hear it from numerous x players .. 

And do you want to know why I think this is ***** because usually when one person speaks up all of them speak up where's the rest of them? 

There are lots of Eichel stories about his behavior, both off ice and with the team.  For awhile he got a pass due to his age.  You do hear it from ex-players, just not in public to the media.  You must not know anyone connected with the team.

No doubt Jack is a workout warrior, and so what if Jack’s peers have showed similar emotional moments too. The emotion is fine when you back it up.  

Edited by Pimlach

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I'm well aware of the reason why linguistically people named John are nicknamed Jack.

I said not enough Sabres fans are asking that because I was thinking more along the line of perhaps his parents knew something about the kid from the start... that he was more of a John than a Jack... given the way things have worked out with him. He's less of a Jack & more of a John.

In a late night & im tired & have spent 10 years being disappointed with this franchise kinda way

Thanks though (i guess) 😛

14 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If Jack was so bad you would hear it from numerous x players .. 

And do you want to know why I think this is ***** because usually when one person speaks up all of them speak up where's the rest of them? 

Yea where is the team sticking up for their captain?  They aren't and no one else is saying hey JS Dea is totally wrong, Jack is a great leader.  

On the team for how many years and no one is willing to say Jack is a great guy and leader??? 

Instead the rumblings have been - yea Jack is actually how JS said he is

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Blaming Jack  For this mess is so idiotic is he supposed to trade for a  goalie and help in other areas? 

Had 2   (Winning streaks maybe it 11 or 12 games I forgot )  The general manager had every opportunity to help that team go over the top he just let them sink

I don’t think most posters are blaming Jack for the Sabres failures.  I also don’t think most posters are not not blaming him.  It remains to be seen if Jack is a cause or a symptom in this mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Patty16 said:

Yea where is the team sticking up for their captain?  They aren't and no one else is saying hey JS Dea is totally wrong, Jack is a great leader.  

On the team for how many years and no one is willing to say Jack is a great guy and leader??? 

Why is anyone surprised??… Where was Captain Jack’s public support for his teammates during their 18 game losing streak??… Not a word from him… 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Why is anyone surprised??… Where was Captain Jack’s public support for his teammates during their 18 game losing streak??… Not a word from him… 

I'm not. Jack is a unique talent but the best player on the team isn't always the best captain. That's fine.  But beyond leadership,   he doesn't sound like a good teammate and that might be hurting his trade value - that and trashing the team publicly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Patty16 said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-jack-eichel-practice-report-scoring/c-302864554

""He's very serious," the rookie defenseman (Dahlin) said. "He's passionate about the game and a great leader. Great guy and sick on the ice, of course. … He's a leader. I think he was born a leader. He's the guy who needs the 'C.'" 

- - - 

https://www.wivb.com/sports/eichels-leadership-continues-to-grow/

“Looking at how much of a leader Michael Jordan was, I couldn’t help but think about Jack and his competitive drive and trying to make his teammates better this year and how big of strides we took,” Jake McCabe said. “All he cared about this year was just trying to be the best captain of his he could be day in and day out, just trying to lead this group. He did that extraordinarily.”

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

- - - 

“I’m extremely confident with the players that we have in a leadership role, and it starts with Jack,” Kyle Okposo said. “Jack’s a 23 year old, and he’s only going to continue to get better, he’s only going to continue to grow in that leadership role. He has done that. He demands a lot out of teammates, out of everybody, because he puts in everything he’s got.”

“He wears his heart on his sleeve, that’s how he is. He’s growing as a leader. I think when it’s all said and done, he’s going to be a top-tier captain in this league, and he’s going to do a heck of a job leading. In saying that, he can’t do it by himself. I think if you ask him, I would hope he would say he has a good leadership support around him, especially with Jake and Marcus this year.”

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Thorny said:

- - - 

“I’m extremely confident with the players that we have in a leadership role, and it starts with Jack,” Kyle Okposo said. “Jack’s a 23 year old, and he’s only going to continue to get better, he’s only going to continue to grow in that leadership role. He has done that. He demands a lot out of teammates, out of everybody, because he puts in everything he’s got.”

“He wears his heart on his sleeve, that’s how he is. He’s growing as a leader. I think when it’s all said and done, he’s going to be a top-tier captain in this league, and he’s going to do a heck of a job leading. In saying that, he can’t do it by himself. I think if you ask him, I would hope he would say he has a good leadership support around him, especially with Jake and Marcus this year.”

Unfortunately this does not fit the narrative that's been created around here. We're going to have to just pretend you didn't post that and move on. 

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

Unfortunately this does not fit the narrative that's been created around here. We're going to have to just pretend you didn't post that and move on. 

Well played.

But it makes me want to clarify my own narrative:

I have never said I believe Jack Eichel is a cancer and needs to be moved to cleanse the team.

I do think that Kevyn Adams believes the Sabres have a Jack-centric culture that interferes with his vision of team-building and the best way of addressing that is to move Jack.

I don’t think any of us has enough insight into the locker room to know whether Adams is correct in his chosen path or not, however we do know that change of some type is necessary.

I do think Jack will excel in a new environment.

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Well played.

But it makes me want to clarify my own narrative:

I have never said I believe Jack Eichel is a cancer and needs to be moved to cleanse the team.

I do think that Kevyn Adams believes the Sabres have a Jack-centric culture that interferes with his vision of team-building and the best way of addressing that is to move Jack.

I don’t think any of us has enough insight into the locker room to know whether Adams is correct in his chosen path or not, however we do know that change of some type is necessary.

I do think Jack will excel in a new environment.

In this case I wasn’t dealing in narrative - I was compelled to point out some facts to counter a blatantly false statement that was again going unchallenged 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.