Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Maybe Kisakov will pull a JJP.

One thing of note, the Amerks must skate 13 developmental players each night, which is defined as 260 games or less or pro experience including top Euro leagues. There is one exception for a player with 260 to 320 games.  

I haven’t crunched all the numbers, but some of our vets, including R2, may no longer qualify for developmental status.  That roster above looks to have only about 10 “prospects” in Murray, Biro, Schuldt, Malone, Rousek, Weissbach, Laaksonen, Pekar, Tischke and Kisakov.

Did not know this. Thx. 

My season ticket rep is awesome sauce.

I also owe her an apology. When she phoned me to ask if I wanted her to sell me the third round now (before the season even ended). I scoffed a little and reminded her that their chances of playoffs were slim. She’s cool beans so I agreed.

She was right! I’m grateful that she hit me up because I have my tickets already and at a discount.

Amerks’ season tickets are a great deal and they make ownership of them easy and convenient. 

If they could only improve concessions (train ***** wreck) they would haul in a bigger crowd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

My season ticket rep is awesome sauce.

I also owe her an apology. When she phoned me to ask if I wanted her to sell me the third round now (before the season even ended). I scoffed a little and reminded her that their chances of playoffs were slim. She’s cool beans so I agreed.

She was right! I’m grateful that she hit me up because I have my tickets already and at a discount.

Amerks’ season tickets are a great deal and they make ownership of them easy and convenient. 

If they could only improve concessions (train ***** wreck) they would haul in a bigger crowd.

WTF?  Was she (basically) telling you that this is all scripted?

56 minutes ago, MBD said:

WTF?  Was she (basically) telling you that this is all scripted?

She was full of confidence. In my profession, that’s not something to ignore.

Rochester is on the rise. Great mayor. Great County Executive. Great people. Great food. Great and strong Labor Locals. 

Industry is starting to flock here. If we keep this up we could easily become the number two most populous city in the state.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

What is the schedule for round 3?

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Anyone mention a timetable of when he might be available to play?

No, but I doubt they’d start him unless Dell has a couple of bad games.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I'm more interested in Mule coming into the lineup.

Particularly how much ice time he gets.  If he's still in full game condition would be interested to see if he's just over 20 minutes per game or if Appert rides him harder to close to 30 minutes/ game.  If he can do close to 30 minutes, even Laaksonnen might get to play as the 7th D specifically for the PP.  (Presuming he'd still like to run just 11 forwards after Mersch comes back as it lets him double shift Quinn or Peterka.)

Edited by Taro T
F'n autocorrect

23 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Ticketmaster presale code needed.  When do tixs go on sale to the general public?

How do the amerks match up against Laval for those that follow AHL more closely? Do we have a good shot, or are we just lucky to be this far along? 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

How do the amerks match up against Laval for those that follow AHL more closely? Do we have a good shot, or are we just lucky to be this far along? 

The Amerks just beat Utica, the team with the best record in the conference with a .660 points percentage and set the AHL record this year for most consectutive wins to start a season. There were a few teams out west with a better points percentage, but the East was a much more competitive conference. I don't really follow the AHL enough to say much about the specific matchup, but beating Utica means we have a shot against anyone

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Amerks split the season series 4-4 if that means anything. But beating the best team in the conference certainly serves notice to Laval that the Amerks are for real. 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The teams split during the regular season with 4 wins each. They have a good shot. Laval is not as big and physical as Bville and Utica, but they do have a good goalie in Cayden Primeau.

29 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

The teams split during the regular season with 4 wins each. They have a good shot. Laval is not as big and physical as Bville and Utica, but they do have a good goalie in Cayden Primeau.

As I recall, the Amerks were the first team to put a dent in Utica's record and then proceeded to play the Comets quite well all season (COVID or injuries or not). However, Laval did well against the Amerks in the close of the year when Muel and Fitz were up with the Sabres. Add Fitz (and hopefully, Muel) and the Amerks should be at an advantage. Laval is certainly less veteran-nasty than Utica is my uninformed understanding.

5 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

The Amerks just beat Utica, the team with the best record in the conference with a .660 points percentage and set the AHL record this year for most consectutive wins to start a season. There were a few teams out west with a better points percentage, but the East was a much more competitive conference. I don't really follow the AHL enough to say much about the specific matchup, but beating Utica means we have a shot against anyone

I feel like Utica’s record is a little misleading. 

When you take away those 13 wins to start the season, they were basically a .500 team after that - they went 30-29 the rest of the season. 

The Amerks and Laval should match well. The Amerks have an edge with more skilled youth, while Laval has an edge with experienced vets like Paquette, Ouellet, Dea, and Smith-Pelly. 

10 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I feel like Utica’s record is a little misleading. 

When you take away those 13 wins to start the season, they were basically a .500 team after that - they went 30-29 the rest of the season. 

Well the 13 win streak team was also their playoff team. The Comets were decimated by call ups the majority of the season.  

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Well the 13 win streak team was also their playoff team. The Comets were decimated by call ups the majority of the season.  

It’s true for most AHL teams because of roster fluctuation throughout the season.

It affects all teams, but some worse than others and makes evaluations based on regular season records hard.

Tischke, alt, Fitzgerald, Davidson, Krebs, Rousek, Jankowski, Holmstrom and Dell played 33 games or less for the Amerks this year. That’s half the playoff lineup. R2, Murray, McInnis, Malone Quinn and Biro played between 39 and 57.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.