Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

Just now, The Ghost of NS said:

Solid game. JJP, Krebs, and Samuelsson looked good in particular.

Makes one wonder if it is time to start rotating these guys in the NHL here and there to see what they can do.  Honestly, I'd bring up Samuelsson right now and waive Butcher.  I'd also move on from Hayden and give that job permanently to Murray.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of NS said:

It’s great to be back. 

114D2ED4-76C3-4582-822A-830EEA6BD831.jpeg

68A0CA82-F7C9-4CD5-81D8-243B4DB1ED6E.jpeg

I got there around 6 and was craving a plate. That very guy in your pic told me they weren’t doing them because of a grill issue. 
I settled for fingers and fries. 
WTF? 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Stevens continues to confuse Peterka with just about anyone wearing a 2 or 7 on their jersey. 

I’ve only watched a handful of games on TV.  
Stevens makes it unbearable for me.

He is a pumpkin head in more ways than one.

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I still get cravings, it's been decades but I can still taste and smell it like it was yesterday. My kids will never understand 😩.

Eventually the feeling of nostalgia will over take you and you’ll fly everyone out for a garbage plate. 

Only then will they understand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

To be clear, any of the above is good enough right now to be a Sabres regular instead of some of our JAGs. The question is are they much better?

It's not just about individual development.  It's about learning how to win, being in a winning locker room.  Understanding the attention to detail required to consistently put your team in a position to win games.   

If these kids can learn these winning habits at the minor pro level, they have a better chance to carry those same habits with them to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Certainly that’s what Adams believes and it’s working down there.

Just wanted to point out that the Amerks just won their fifth in a row and are in 7th in the AHL (13/6/0), 1st in goals for. They’ve played league-best 17/1/2 Utica 6 times already, handing them 2 of their 3 losses.

They’ve won their last two without leading scoring Jack Quinn and their #1 goalie UPL.

Their #2 goalie, Dell, is with the Sabres, as are top six forwards Murray and Jankowski.

They are also missing top 4 defenders Davidson and Schuldt, as well as speedy rookie winger Linus Weissbach. Their best defenceman, Matthias Samuelsson, has also missed time. Veteran forward Andrew Oglevie and rookie winger Lukas Rousek have been out all season.

They’ve battled CoVId, that saw games postponed and their coach quarantined.

That’s a lot of adversity through a 1/4 season and they haven’t really missed a beat.

This model of having the kids win first in roch seemed to work back prior to and during the 2004 lockout.  The young core played a lot in minors and grew together.  Hopefully this same model works this time.

Don’t rush anyone.  That includes all our first round picks coming up.  Have the main guys in roch (plus power) take the step next year and keep developing the new picks properly.

In a salary cap nhl era, drafting and developing is the only way.  No more ‘shortcuts’ please.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Derrico said:

This model of having the kids win first in roch seemed to work back prior to and during the 2004 lockout.  The young core played a lot in minors and grew together.  Hopefully this same model works this time.

Don’t rush anyone.  That includes all our first round picks coming up.  Have the main guys in roch (plus power) take the step next year and keep developing the new picks properly.

In a salary cap nhl era, drafting and developing is the only way.  No more ‘shortcuts’ please.

I doubt Power goes to Rochester, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I doubt Power goes to Rochester, but who knows.

Sorry meant power, Krebs, JJ and Quinn go to Buff next year.  That’s already a ton of youth combined with who else is there.  

Just keep drafting and developing.  No need rushing guys up or trading picks to ‘fast track’ anything.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Sorry meant power, Krebs, JJ and Quinn go to Buff next year.  That’s already a ton of youth combined with who else is there.  

Just keep drafting and developing.  No need rushing guys up or trading picks to ‘fast track’ anything.

That has clearly been the case with Murray, Jankowski and Dell all getting the nod over Quinn, Krebs, Peterka and UPL. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Makes one wonder if it is time to start rotating these guys in the NHL here and there to see what they can do.  Honestly, I'd bring up Samuelsson right now and waive Butcher.  I'd also move on from Hayden and give that job permanently to Murray.  

I’d prefer they continue to get better together in Rochester.   Bring the 3 forwards up together for a bit later in the year. 
Yes Samuelsson should be up anytime Butcher is needed to play 

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s been injured for a couple weeks 

Sick non covid.  Should be back soon 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’d prefer they continue to get better together in Rochester.   Bring the 3 forwards up together for a bit later in the year. 
Yes Samuelsson should be up anytime Butcher is needed to play 

Sick non covid.  Should be back soon 

Bring them up after the trade deadline, maybe.  I’d also like to see them take a run at the Calder Cup.  I think they could challenge.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.