Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

People, UPL was great for his entire last season of 54 games as a junior prior to hip surgery.

Since then he played 23 mostly good games in the ECHL, 13 mostly good games in Finland, and 24 mostly bad games in Rochester through 2 years of COVID.

How about we let him play 50 in Rochester this year, and see where he is at at then before we make any judgements?

That’s the reasonable and measured thing to do.

Not everyone has that mindset. Hence the negativity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

People, UPL was great for his entire last season of 54 games as a junior prior to hip surgery.

Since then he played 23 mostly good games in the ECHL, 13 mostly good games in Finland, and 24 mostly bad games in Rochester through 2 years of COVID.

How about we let him play 50 in Rochester this year, and see where he is at at then before we make any judgements?

We're allowed to judge him based on what he showed in the preseason...  which wasn't even decent, it was terrible.    He had a full offseason to prepare.  For a guy who the franchise has been hyping up as the future in goal, was very very concerning to say the least.

That said, he'll need to show more than just flashes of ability at the AHL level before we start talking about him as a potential future starter in the national league again.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

It seems like you have Quinn’s position against him.

My thoughts on UPL are that the chances are likely that he’s no longer an NHL prospect short of him being one of those weird cases who is only good at the next level but can’t perform in the AHL.

Like i said i have nothing against the player but having a player like Lundell already playing at a high level at a position we're weak  Would have made us a stronger team going  forward 

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

Right. You don’t have anything against Quinn. Other than the fact he’s not a center.😂

Yeah thats a major need in organization seeing how we lost both in 1 summer .

Buffalo is back to forcing players that are good number 2 or 3's in a role that they will not succeed i see that with Cozens and casey 

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

We're allowed to judge him based on what he showed in the preseason...  which wasn't even decent, it was terrible.    He had a full offseason to prepare.  For a guy who the franchise has been hyping up as the future in goal, was very very concerning to say the least.

That said, he'll need to show more than just flashes of ability at the AHL level before we start talking about him as a potential future starter in the national league again.

Agree. We have no problem shifting our hopes on Levi due to a small-ish window of games, see no reason that practice can't be applied to the other goalies. We won't know anything about 'em, for real, anyways until they are seeing consistent NHL action

Goalies are like corn flakes 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Agree. We have no problem shifting our hopes on Levi due to a small-ish window of games, see no reason that practice can't be applied to the other goalies. We won't know anything about 'em, for real, anyways until they are seeing consistent NHL action

Goalies are like corn flakes 

Of course the way he's been playing lately matters. And it's right to be concerned.

What isn't right is to say UPL is ***** and will always be ***** based on a couple dozen AHL games.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Of course the way he's been playing lately matters. And it's right to be concerned.

What isn't right is to say UPL is ***** and will always be ***** based on a couple dozen AHL games.

I agree people shouldn't say that, ya. Should never be ruled out completely when still at such a young age. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

LOL someone had a thread made the first period of the first game of the season doing exactly that. I had my head ripped off for disputing it. Good Times😃

Edited by Flashsabre

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think this is disingenuous. Nobody is saying he’s *****. I think I might’ve went the farthest in saying I don’t view him as an NHL prospect. It doesn’t mean he’s *****. I’m just not projecting him to make it at the next level. That’s fine. Different opinions are okay.

He’s been undeniably bad as a pro in the AHL and NHL with over three dozen games logged. He was good not great during his time in the ECHL. This isn’t a recent development.

Edited by Hoss

On 11/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, Norcal said:

I think it's too early to say that.

Between injuries and Covid-19, he's a product of delayed development and his story has yet to be told IMO

Thanks for that perspective.  It does seem like this year in Rochester is the one that will tell us a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.